Thread: Rockler Tenon Jig

Rockler Tenon Jig

I am trying to find a ready made tenon jig. Has anyone tried the Rockler model?

Blog Entries
    The Rockler Tenon jig is nearly identical with the Delta one that I have. It works very well.
    Capture.JPGdelta.jpg
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 07-17-2017 at 5:26 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Also identical to the Jet. My Rockler came with Jet documentation but, was painted blue. I don't know if Powermatic's $300 version caused a price jump but, I bought mine on sale at Rockler for $50 not too long ago. Now it seems that twice that is considered a "sale" price. Be that as it may, I use it on the tablesaw and the router table with good result. I would not like to be without it. Other folks could care less for them but, I'm a believer ;-)

GnG Low CoD (3).jpg . GnG Wall Cab (23).jpg
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 07-17-2017 at 5:29 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

There are a bunch that follow the same basic design - Rockler, Delta, Jet, Grizzley, Shop Fox, Woodtek - with some variation in colors and handles. Mine is a Wood River, which appears to have gone out of production. I find it to be rather crude and finicky to set up, but once it's dialed in, it works really well.

The Powermatic is a step up in fit and finish and probably also in ease and accuracy of adjustment, but it's ~3x the price of the others. As always, YMMV.
    -- Jim

Use the right tool for the job.

I have owned the Rockler for years. It works as it should.
    I had to place a washer between the casting and the miter bar to work with my JET cabinet saw. Without the washer the miter bar did not set deep enough to to engage the T-slot.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Ellen,

I had the Delta for years. It was completely satisfactory. It took a while to get the spacer(s) the correct thickness but after that I was cutting tenons to exact dimensions, very efficiently.

Doug