Thread: Rikon bandsaw Mobility Kit

Rikon bandsaw Mobility Kit

I've pretty much decided to purchase the Rikon 10-326 14" bandsaw. For anyone who has one, or the 10-325, do you use the Rikon mobility base for it? I generally don't care for platforms like that that have two fixed wheels, but it seems to have the advantage of adding almost nothing to the overall footprint of the saw, which is a big factor in my garage/shop. Interested to hear how others are putting these things on wheels.

Thanks.

I have the 10-325. When I bought the saw second hand, it had the kit installed. It has its advantages and disadvantages. If you have enough room in your shop, it is fine and easy to maneuver. If your ship is crowded and small like mine is, the handle is a pain to move the saw around. I ended up buying a single lift wheel from Rockler that is similar to the one seen on the Laguna saws and it works much better for my needs. One thing that I have to remember is it can be a bit tippy with just the one wheel so I have to be careful when moving. Also, I have to make sure not to try and move it by the table. I generally grab in top section of the saw to move.

I put mine on a heavy duty JET base and it works very well.
    Fred

Thanks, guys. Fred, are you using this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Jet-708119-JM...et+mobile+base

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Decker View Post
    Thanks, guys. Fred, are you using this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Jet-708119-JM...et+mobile+base
    Yes, that's the one!

I have 3 of the JETs in my shop, two of the lighter duty ones plus the one you linked to is on my Rikon. I'm completely satisfied with them.
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 07-18-2017 at 8:41 AM.

I use the Delta mobile base. Sooooooo easy to use as there is no knob turning or bending over, just press with your foot to move, tip up the lever with your toe to make stationary.

https://www.amazon.com/DELTA-50-345-Universal-Mobile-Included/dp/B0000223CL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500386551&sr=8-1&keywords=delta+mobile

Last edited by Frankie Hunt; 07-18-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!

Hi Nick, I use the semi-live skid method with a tow bar.

Easy to move and steer, doesn't raise the machine more than few mm and it's very stable...............Rod.

Rod,

OK on the "skid" part, but what does "semi-live" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Yes, that's the one!

I have 3 of the JETs in my shop, two of the lighter duty ones plus the one you linked to is on my Rikon. I'm completely satisfied with them.
    +1 on these mobile bases.
    I have four of these now, and they are nice! Oddly enough, my Rikon 10-340 is not on one of these. I have to fix that. IMHO, you can't go wrong with this base.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

So, is there a big difference in the two Jet models? The Rikon 10-326 weighs about 270. Any reason the smaller Jet wouldn't work well? It's rated for 600 lbs.

I was just being very conservative.

I just bought a Rikon 10-342 (18") and got the mobility kit for it. I found it well worth the money. I can also move my router table and oscillating spindle sander with it (after a little modification). The 18" saw it very stable sitting on the two wheels.