Thread: Still No Subscriptions

Still No Subscriptions

I have complained before about this and all I ever get is that we are looking into it. That was 6 or more weeks ago. One more week of it and I will stop being a contributor.
    Regards,
    Don

Blog Entries
    I can't say for sure, but it probably will not happen while this software is in use. That is one of the reasons why we are changing software. Aaron is working on getting the new software set up.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 07-19-2017 at 9:45 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Don,

Aaron found and corrected the email problem a few days ago. If you still have an issue send Aaron Koehl a detailed Private Message but I have to warn you he is busy programing a new menu system for our software conversion that is a number one priority right now so his response time will probably be slow.

Echoing Lee's comments, the time, effort and money right now is being spent on replacing this vBulletin software with Xenforo completely, which will not only "solve" a lot of the little things that have been breaking lately, but also add new features and native mobile support. I hope that you'll consider that fact relative to your contributor status. There is no "paid" staff here and the contributions go directly into the actual cost of running this site.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    There is no "paid" staff here and the contributions go directly into the actual cost of running this site.

Jim
    Forum Moderator
    There is no paycheck but that corporate jet and that cabin in The Hamptons sure is nice.

The new software package will solve a lot of the problems that have crept into vBulletin.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Maybe in the meantime you could use the Forum/Quick Links/Subscribed Threads to access. I decided to not get emails since I get too many already.

JKJ

Hi Don,

We will get to the bottom of this, one way or another!
    I just sent you a test message from our server-- please let me know in this thread if you receive it.

I looked through our logs and see where our email server has sent you a few messages over the last 8 weeks, and I don't have any bounced messages from your mail server. I do see that you are subscribed to 3 threads that have been updated since June 1, so in the best case, the server has sent you three notifications. I also see that you have daily digests turned on for a few of the forums.

I tested the instant email notification in the test thread in this forum and it seems to be working. Please subscribe to this thread (here) and we will continue to test until the issue is narrowed down.

Thanks!
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Don,

Update:
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...ns-not-working

This is a regression bug introduced by vBulletin between version 4.2.4 and 4.2.5, and it is unfortunate. The developers have acknowledged the problem but are refusing to continue work on 4.x, and in our testing, version 5 has too many problems/bugs in our test instance for us to bring it live. I will have to do some testing to put a workaround in place, hopefully in the next day or two.
    _Aaron_

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl View Post
    Don,

Update:
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...ns-not-working

This is a regression bug introduced by vBulletin between version 4.2.4 and 4.2.5, and it is unfortunate. The developers have acknowledged the problem but are refusing to continue work on 4.x, and in our testing, version 5 has too many problems/bugs in our test instance for us to bring it live. I will have to do some testing to put a workaround in place, hopefully in the next day or two.

UPDATE: A workaround is now in place. Hopefully, you all will start to receive subscription notifications again.
    _Aaron_