Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer is Here

Dry heat in the shade is very tolerable. I was sitting outside in 107 degree heat in the desert a few years ago and it wasn't bad sitting in the shade. It was HOT in the sun.

Way better than 107 degrees when it is humid. If I was in 107 degree humid weather I would be sick with heat exhaustion in no time. I got mild heat exhaustion earlier this month and it was only maybe 85 degrees with a dew point of 60 degrees or less.

If your getting heat exhaustion in 85 degree weather your not drinking enough water, plain and simple.
    Yes if your in the shade high temps are more tolerable but if your not hydrated you will very quickly get heat exhaustion and may not even know it till its to late. On a 100 degree riding down a black asphalt highway on an M/C in bright sun the rider is experiencing temps in the 130 degree range or more.Very easy to get heat strke in a very short amount of time if your not dressed right and hydrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    Dry heat in the shade is very tolerable. I was sitting outside in 107 degree heat in the desert a few years ago and it wasn't bad sitting in the shade. It was HOT in the sun.

Way better than 107 degrees when it is humid. If I was in 107 degree humid weather I would be sick with heat exhaustion in no time. I got mild heat exhaustion earlier this month and it was only maybe 85 degrees with a dew point of 60 degrees or less.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    If your getting heat exhaustion in 85 degree weather your not drinking enough water, plain and simple.
    Yes if your in the shade high temps are more tolerable but if your not hydrated you will very quickly get heat exhaustion and may not even know it till its to late. On a 100 degree riding down a black asphalt highway on an M/C in bright sun the rider is experiencing temps in the 130 degree range or more.Very easy to get heat strke in a very short amount of time if your not dressed right and hydrated.
    I have had bouts of heat exhaustion even after drinking huge amounts of water. One time I got sick even after drinking enough water to have needed to urinate every 90 minutes or so.

The very first time I got heat exhaustion I was definitely not dressed appropriately for the heat nor did I drink enough water. I have issues with heat ever since that first bout with heat exhaustion.

I'm not sure a guy from Minnesota and a guy from Arizona can have a meaningful argument about this topic since your bodies will have adapted to the different climates.