Thread: Problem w/ Delta splitter

Problem w/ Delta splitter

I bought a splitter for this barn find Delta TS 93-94 vintage. It came with no directions, so I put it aside and figured when the time came I would be able to figure out how it goes together. I was not Able! So I am hoping someone on here has encountered one of these before and can help me out.
    Thank You.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is this the right unit?
    http://www.sawcenter.com/34_868.pdf

Bill

This was sold as a stand alone removable splitter for Delta saws. The one you showed is what goes with the blade guard. Thanks for your effort. This one is supposed to attach to the part shown in the other pic in some manner and be removable w/o tools.

Does than stamped bracket on the saw come off? i think you take that bracket out, then install the cast bracket that is in your first picture top right in its place. the thumb screw attaches the new splitter to the new bracket.

finally found a bit of a picture!

'http://www.repairtoolparts.com/biesemeyer-parts/biesemeyer-j-78-959-type-1-parts-list'

on the 2nd page of the pictures here
    Last edited by Adam Herman; 07-20-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Goodwin, hopefully these pictures will help. Here is how it’s mounted on my 1998 Unisaw.
    It’s called: 1349941 Splitter ASSY Complete (Link)

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I printed out the exploded view. I will see if that part on the saw comes off when I go down to the shop in the evening.. I do think you are on to itt though. Thank you both for your interest and your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Goodwin, hopefully these pictures will help. Here is how it’s mounted on my 1998 Unisaw.
    It’s called: 1349941 Splitter ASSY Complete (Link)

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Beat me to it - I was going to post pics of mine. As Adam said, you have to remove the stock bracket. Before you install the bracket that comes with the kit, take the spring off the post and knock it into the hole in the bracket so it is facing left when assembled. The plate, the knob, and the spring go on the post and are secured with the e-ring.
    -- Jim

Use the right tool for the job.

Much appreciation to all. The pics really help.

Just FYI. Delta made another similar splitter called a "Pop-Up Splitter" which mounts in a similar fashion, but it lifts up into place or pushes down under the insert plate when not needed. I have one of these in my mid 80's Delta Unisaw. It's a little more convenient to use, because it remains attached to the saw when not in use, just pushed down below the insert plate. Both splitters work about the same when ripping wood.

I just thought you might be interested to know that there is another style of splitter for Delta Unisaws that does not include the blade guard above the saw blade. I have a Brett Guard for my Unisaw that attaches to the ceiling.

The top is the right side of the linked picture linked to below. Turn it 90 degrees left for it's proper orientation.. The little tab at the top end is the handle for pulling it up or pushing it down. Notice that it attaches with 4 bolts to the same place on the bracket that your splitter attaches to. (I would not pay the Renovo price for one of these. The original ones, aren't that good). I'm just using the Renovo photo link below so you can see what one of these looks like. There is a spring and detent ball inside it that locks the splitter in the up or down position. The same slot is required in the table insert for both this splitter and the splitter that you have.

http://www.renovoparts.com/34-868-po...ell-unisaws-1/

Charley

$255 for the pop up splitter. I paid $29 for the drop-in. (in '99)
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Hope the below helps --

I had the old style disappearing splitter and the newer "Deluxe Uni-guard" on my old 1987 Uni-saw. I never installed the new and improved splitter that was part of the new “Deluxe Uni-guard.”

The splitter pictured looks like the splitter assembly supplied with the newer “Deluxe Uni-guard”. See: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-34976-type-uniguard-parts-c-3275_3278_13919.html

I no longer have the saw, but was able to find the manual/mounting instructions for the “Deluxe Uni-guard". Based upon Figure #23 in the below link, it appears that the splitter is for a right tilt saw. See: http://www.mikestools.com/download/DeltaTableSawManuals/34-976.pdf
    Last edited by Ray Newman; 07-20-2017 at 8:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Morgan View Post
    Beat me to it - I was going to post pics of mine. As Adam said, you have to remove the stock bracket. Before you install the bracket that comes with the kit, take the spring off the post and knock it into the hole in the bracket so it is facing left when assembled. The plate, the knob, and the spring go on the post and are secured with the e-ring.
    These are instructions for right-tilting saws; for left-tilting saws the post (a/k/a stud) should be driven in so it is facing right.
    -- Jim

Use the right tool for the job.

I have not put the splitter in yet because it is so damn hot, (107 heat index), but I anticipate no problem whatsoever. The people on here are fantastic. The assistance to my problem was immediate and accurate as I had been led to believe. Thank you to all.
    G. Heil