Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SawmillCreek Server Moved - Notice

Aaron, I was in email conversation with member Bernie W. in Goodland Kansas and he cannot get in. I gave him the http://sawmillcreek.org and he still can't get in. Is there something he can do on his computer or is he not going to be able to get in until the www. is back up?

Thank you for your time.
    Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Hallagan
    Aaron, I was in email conversation with member Bernie W. in Goodland Kansas and he cannot get in. I gave him the http://sawmillcreek.org and he still can't get in. Is there something he can do on his computer or is he not going to be able to get in until the www. is back up?

Thank you for your time.
    Corey
    Corey, not Aaron here, but have Bernie try this: In the "Address" field of his browser, have him type in the actual IP address: 68.106.156.86 . Let us know if that works...
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Murdock
    The company you speak of is the one I develop routers for.
    I know... ...hence my comment... It really makes sense that SMC utilize an "enterprise" class router given the huge and continually increasing traffic that we hit the server with.

I must say that I like having an "enterprise" class product on my own network at home now--the Linksys WRT54G is now just an AP upstairs where it gives better wireless coverage in this hard-to-accomodate house. The features of the new router/firewall are nicer and there is a lot more that I could do with it if I wanted. (It has a different logo on it than what we suspect the SMC router is emblazoned with, however, and not that of my own employer, either...)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Corey, not Aaron here, but have Bernie try this: In the "Address" field of his browser, have him type in the actual IP address: 68.106.156.86 . Let us know if that works...
    Hi - Dave here. I am also having trouble getting into the site. I was able to get in once by rebooting and then using my usual http://sawmillcreek.org address. Now, I must use the IP address to get here. Any ideas?? Thanks.
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Falkenstein
    Hi - Dave here. I am also having trouble getting into the site. I was able to get in once by rebooting and then using my usual http://sawmillcreek.org address. Now, I must use the IP address to get here. Any ideas?? Thanks.
    Dave, give it another day or two. Depending on where your request (when you hit your link for SMC) goes, it's probably just a matter of the DNS server it's getting to hasn't propogated the correct IP address yet. The DNS server is what takes the www.whatever and "converts" it to where the request actually needs to be routed. You can only imagine how huge those databases must be!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thanks John, I am having him try that!

Corey

It worked. I was starting to have withdrawal. My lovely wife kept saying go ask Corey again. Thanks Corey. I appreciate it. Aaron did e-mail me and tell me it would be 48 to 72 hrs. for the www to work.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Cool .... glad you got in Bernie! Now you can settle down and the shakes will stop soon!!

Corey

Naw Corey it was the wife getting tired of me pestering her. She just let out a warhoop when I told her I was on. Not sure Corey if that was good or bad. The shakes are almost gone. Anyway good to be back on.

Thanks to Aaron and Keith. Thanks for your fast e-mail Aaron. It all is appreciated.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Vaughan,

That kept me snickering for hours.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    I'm pretty sure this is the router Aaron's using...pretty apparent what the brand is. Thanks for all the hard work Aaron, Keith, Jackie, et al.

- Vaughn

Lol. Good one!!

Paint it gray for me Vaughn.