Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolling platforms for large lathes.

1. I have my Nova DVR XP set on a miniturized version of my workbench with a roll around HTC base. When lowered it sits flat and stable on the floor.

Just a thought

Just a thought, but isn't it important to level the lathe bed after changing positions to keep the center aligned. So after each move do you relevel the lathe. I know just moving my lathe a small distance the centers change.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Willing View Post
    Just a thought, but isn't it important to level the lathe bed after changing positions to keep the center aligned. So after each move do you relevel the lathe. I know just moving my lathe a small distance the centers change.
    True.
    For my situation I just want to get the lathe out of the way occasionally but then it will go back to its original place. So I'm thinking that I'll paint markers on the floor to be sure I'm back at the correct placement. I'm not looking to turn in multiple locations.
    RD

Blog Entries
    I've moved my lathe (G0766) 15' and back across concrete with lots of pits 4 times now. I can't believe how well this set of furniture movers have held up. Less than $10.
    Attached Images Attached Images