Thread: VB36 Vacuum Chuck

VB36 Vacuum Chuck

Good evening my name is Dave Dolan and I am new to the forum. I am looking to add a vacuum chuck to my VB36. It's an older model built in England so the hand wheel is not threaded. My query is has anyone used the One Way system or the Harrison Specialties system? Kerry at Harrison is willing to build me a longer chuck to fit. the One Way is always a good choice but it's piling on the cash to get there. Any feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Dolan View Post
    Good evening my name is Dave Dolan and I am new to the forum. I am looking to add a vacuum chuck to my VB36. It's an older model built in England so the hand wheel is not threaded. My query is has anyone used the One Way system or the Harrison Specialties system? Kerry at Harrison is willing to build me a longer chuck to fit. the One Way is always a good choice but it's piling on the cash to get there. Any feedback?
    When you mention the OneWay do you mean the chuck that holds the bowl or the adapter the connects the vacuum pump (or the whole system?) If you are considering a OneWay vacuum adapter and it will fit your lathe, I have one I'm not using, bought it used with a used PM3520b. Since the handwheel on the PM was a pain to remove so the OneWay adapter can be fastened, I didn't use it much. (Just got one made by JT Turning tools that slides into the hole in the handwheel so it can be removed quickly to use the knockout bar) If you want the OneWay adapter or just want to try it, send me a private note. I'd be glad to trade for something. I could measure the ID of the adapter if you need it.

You can make a vacuum chuck with a faceplate.

I don't understand the part about having a longer chuck made to fit.

JKJ