Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Deck Table

That's a super nice table! I like all the choices you made from the design to the final product. Kudos Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Well, nobody has made what i thought was an obvious remark so I'll make it. At my house, that table would never be on the deck. It's just gorgeous.

Thanks Mike, and to everyone else, for the kind words. It's amazing how many people like this table. I designed it in only a couple of hours and made only two or three changes based on critique from a couple of friends with a good eye for design. And I built it in record time for me; maybe 20 hours. I guess sometimes you just hit a sweet spot for appealing design and easy construction.

You are not the first person, Mike, to make the comment that the table would look just as good indoors as on my deck. I have to agree.

Yonak, I bought a commercial cover for the table that looks really good and fits the table very well, with only a few inches open at the bottom for ventilation. The cover stays on the table except when we are using it. I'm optimistic it will look good for many years but will know a lot more in a year or so.

John