Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learn to play Electric Guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Yes, I know Ellis, although I haven't seen him for a number of years...I think we talked about that awhile back around the idea of you visiting here next time you visit with him.

My original acoustic is a "really cheap" classical guitar. It's still kicking, although hard to keep in tune. I'm going to be putting my electric up for sale one of these days...a Kramer with the aluminum "horseshoe" neck. Amazing instrument, but major-heavy.
    Ellis is in Canada now, his place up for sale, so unless you move to Canada I may have to plan a trip just to visit you.

Further off topic: Will you get any honey this year? I pulled 10 supers on Thursday and started extracting today. Hot, hot, hot here - way too hot for working in a bee suit in the sun! Got about 13 gallons from about 1/2 the frames and might get another 8 or 10 from the rest - some supers were only partially filled.

And even further OT: Finally, a bee building! The guy I get hay from called and told me about a portable building in a field where he cuts hay. Good price, I had it moved to a flat graveled area about 150' from my bee hives and plan to use it to store bee supplies, tools, and supers and maybe even to process honey. It's 10'x20', very well built, two windows and a double door. The guy selling it had insulated the walls and ceiling and paneled the inside. I put it a few feet from where I had already run power and water so I can have lights and hopefully air conditioning. No more handing supers down the ladder from the barn loft and traveling 1/4 mile back to the shop to get that smoker I forgot!

building_IMG_20170721_123100_022.jpg

JKJ

Adjusting the action and other configurations on an electrick guitar are not difficult, but does require a fundamental understanding of how to play the guitar.
    String gauge, action, intonation, type of music, pick, finger style.... are all variable to account for in setting up a guitar.
    You might be best served having someone setup your guitar. From there, you can 'edit' the configuration.
    High action isn't a bad thing neccasarily.

John, we're extracting our first frames of honey this afternoon. There will be more, but capping is going slow this year due to the excessive humidity. Nice bee building. The Professor uses our front porch for that now and we have storage shelves in the garage for more stuff. LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...