Thread: Hey Rob Lee - Niagara Falls store?

Hey Rob Lee - Niagara Falls store?

I was sure happy to see Lee Valley open a store south of the border. Hope it does extremely well for you!
    Are you folks considering other US locations, or is this a one-off? I, for one, would love to see a few more of them.

Best of luck,
    Fred

Sorry to tell you this Fredrick - Niagara Falls is in Canada

It is south of most of the Canadian border, just not east enough.

Oh geez, I'm a dope. I see on the map a Niagara Falls, New York. Sorry guys.

(Hey Mods, please delete this thread if you have a minute. It serves no purpose now.)
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 07-22-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by John Gornall View Post
    Sorry to tell you this Fredrick - Niagara Falls is in Canada
    Correction:
    There is both an American and Canadian city surrounding the Falls, and both are named "Niagara Falls", though the LV store is indeed in Canada.

If you're close enough to make it to Niagara Falls, NY then it isn't too far to get over to the Canadian side.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Hutchinson477 View Post
    If you're close enough to make it to Niagara Falls, NY then it isn't too far to get over to the Canadian side.
    You're right. I just keep hoping they will expand into the US.

They opened a store just across the river from Detroit in Windsor last year.

Frederick, not a big deal. We built it in Canada so that the tourists would be on our side

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Dean View Post
    They opened a store just across the river from Detroit in Windsor last year.
    Due to a fluke in geography, the Windsor store is due South of Detroit. Just a fun fact for the day.
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

Quote Originally Posted by mike holden View Post
    Due to a fluke in geography, the Windsor store is due South of Detroit. Just a fun fact for the day.
    Last time I heard that was 1965 in Mr Bateman's government class. It's one of those things that is so useless ....that the brain loves it!

Hi Fred!

Next few stores are still planned for Canada. It's a big deal to operate in multiple countries, and would take significant preparation. Someday......

Cheers,

Rob

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike holden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Last time I heard that was 1965 in Mr Bateman's government class. It's one of those things that is so useless ....that the brain loves it!
    Probably about the same time those of us out west were learning that Reno, NV is further west than Los Angeles, CA.

About as useless as knowing the name of the starting pitcher in the only game where the relief pitcher was considered to have pitched a perfect game. Since then the conditions of what constitutes a perfect game have been changed to relegate this one to the asterisk (*) category in the record books.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Probably about the same time those of us out west were learning that Reno, NV is further west than Los Angeles, CA.

About as useless as knowing the name of the starting pitcher in the only game where the relief pitcher was considered to have pitched a perfect game. Since then the conditions of what constitutes a perfect game have been changed to relegate this one to the asterisk (*) category in the record books.

jtk
    Babe Ruth - 1917 for the RedSox. Ernie Shore came out in "relief" and pitched the "perfect game" which in today's rules would be a no hitter..