Quote Originally Posted by Randy Heinemann View Post
I was just learning about Titebond's Quick and Thick wood glue. According to their info, Quick and Thick will dry very quickly and is suitable for miter joints (end grain to end grain). I have actually not yet used Quick and Thick, but my understanding is that it will dry very quickly (like 30 seconds?) and does not necessary require clamping. This might be a better option even than CA glue if that info is correct if only because it is regular wood glue and would create a more permanent bond. I still believe that the CA will hold while regular wood glue sets up, but you probably wouldn't need to use more than one type of glue if you used Quick and Thick. It would be a good experiment and, if it worked, would definitely be something that would have future uses for me.

From the Quick and Thick product info sheet: "Required clamping pressure: Enough to bring joints tightly together (generally, 100-150 psi for soft woods, 125-175 psi for
medium woods and 175-250 psi for hardwoods)." The label says "2X Faster - 3X Thicker" so probably requires no more than 30 minutes clamping.