Thread: Epilog laser lines while engraving not smooth - 24EX Legend

Epilog laser lines while engraving not smooth - 24EX Legend

Hi,

My Epilog last week got faced a problem, suddenly stopped while running. So, i emailed to techsupport and suggestion is to tighten the y belt. After that, i tightened , new problem is
    the laser engraving is not even. somewhat jarred and not sharp. Kindly suggest your ideas to sort it out

regardsWhatsApp Image 2017-07-25 at 5.39.20 PM.jpgWhatsApp Image 2017-07-25 at 5.19.42 PM.jpeg
    Epilog Legend 24 EX - 75W with Rotary
    Fiber laser Marker 20w ( IPG)
    Flat bed heat press, Mug printing, Epson 230 x 2
    Flame Polishing machine, Acrylic Bender, Nicejet Flatbed printer A3+, Electrochemical etcher.
    "If you think you can or you cannot - you're right" HENRY FORD

I trying to understand why on earth would tech support suggest tightening a belt when the laser stopped? That's like a mechanic telling you to add air to the tires when the radiator is leaking...

Anyway, loosen the belt back up, if belts are too tight the whole drive train can shudder with every bearing movement and/or when the belt teeth enter and exit the gear teeth.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Sorry for my wrong interpretation.... when the laser takes the home postion, was running smoothly when a program sent. Suddenly at a particular point, it was stopping due to mechanical
    failure. I was told to have my y axis belt to look into and i tried to sort it out. Now the laser was running smoothly , but the engraving got some problem.. ( lines uneven in engraving...)

regards
    Epilog Legend 24 EX - 75W with Rotary
    Fiber laser Marker 20w ( IPG)
    Flat bed heat press, Mug printing, Epson 230 x 2
    Flame Polishing machine, Acrylic Bender, Nicejet Flatbed printer A3+, Electrochemical etcher.
    "If you think you can or you cannot - you're right" HENRY FORD

Have you checked your bearings and cleaned the ways? Are all of your optics secure?

Is the work secure on the table?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Yes cleaned bearings, rails, encoder

With power off, move the head back and forth by hand and see if it's nice and smooth. If the belt is too tight it may not be as smooth. Also check your focus, power and speed settings.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green