Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a Rant!!

It works both ways. A small Canadian company stopped selling internationally, including the US, because of buyers claiming the goods didn't arrive or were damaged. To ship with tracking and signatures became unprofitable to sell outside Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    Recently in the Turning forum there was a post about some funny tee shirts for sale on Amazon. I thought they were be cool to have so I attempted to order a couple of them. At checkout I get the message "this item does not ship to Canada". This really annoys me since we are SO FAR AWAY from the USA!! I find it hard to believe that in 2017 where there are so many advances in everything including technology, automobiles, medicine, travel. etc... that companies are so backward that can't ship an item across a border. Maybe they are still using a horse and buggy to deliver? Thanks for listening....
    Back to getting a shirt in your hands, forget the customs. You can create artwork in some graphics program and a local shirt shop could print one, any size, any colors, assuming you have a local print shop. It could say anything you want, even the same thing as some existing shirt as long as it is for personal use.

JKJ

Or you could get some iron on transfer paper and make your own.

https://www.staples.ca/en/T-Shirt-Ir...7_2-CA_1_20001

[QUOTE=Peter Christensen;2711376]Or you could get some iron on transfer paper and make your own.

I've done that and it works. Some leave a kind of stiff layer stuck on top the cloth - OK, but doesn't hold up well to washing. We've made special shirts by hand with markers too. The best home way might be to make a silk screen - you need the mesh, make a frame, squeegee, and some consumables but can make several copies, different colored ink even. You can create the artwork by hand or with a photo emulsion. My experience is probably 45 years old - there may be new methods and simple kits available now in a craft store.

JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 07-28-2017 at 11:09 AM.