Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop Vac vs Dust Collector ?

Gonna go Google "House central vac piping design" and see what may carryover to this.

Marc

My setup is somewhat like Glen's. I use a "6hp", 10 amp, Rigid with a 3 or 4 gallon dust chamber. Small with big motor. I got it with a couple hoses and attachments on one of the special deals HD sometimes runs for about $60. It is on a little cart below a dust deputy on a drywall bucket. For now I am using the fine filter it came with but will probably end up with a quasi HEPA filter like I have on the other 8A rigid I wheel around. My 10amp stays in the same position in the shop and I hook either a Bosch 5M hose to the DD or a 20 foot Rigid hose (good deal but they will probably have trouble finding it in the store). I can reach about anything I need to with these hoses but I have the mobile vac if I want to use it. The 10A has a auto on switch on it hooked to a power strip. So I plug a bunch of tools to the power strip and just move the hose to the tool I am using. It works well. It's noisy but I wear hearing protection anyway, the tools are noisy too.