Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you have a favorite stand-up comic?

I guy I can really dig is Steven Wright. Not a laugh out loud type of funny but he comes up with some really sharp statements. In fact on one of the forums I used to frequent my tag at the end was his: I plan to live forever, so far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chance in Iowa View Post
    Wow. Not a single woman listed??

How about Ellen DeGeneres, Chelsea Handler, Wanda Sykes, Roseanne Barr, Carol Burnett, Rita Rudner, Sarah Silverman, Phyllis Diller, Lily Tomlin, Whoopi Goldberg, Sandra Bernhard, Lisa Lampanelli, Tig Notaro and so many more!
    Amy Schumer maybe?

Among the ethnic guys George Lopez can be pretty funny. Every heard of an Indian stand up comedian named Russell Peters? He has a loyal following.

Then there's the great Lenny Bruce. Milton Berle and Henny Youngman - kings. Rodney Dangerfield was a stand-up genius. I think Dave Chappelle is hilarious and frighteningly talented. Andy Kaufman, Steve Martin. It's very hard to pick just one favorite stand up comedian.
    Last edited by Edwin Santos; 08-14-2017 at 3:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wiggins View Post

All that said, there's some folks I would not bother with now. I have a much lower tolerance for foul language and body humor than I used to.
    This is why I don't listen to much stand up, actually don't listen at all. I was a fan of Cosby years ago, but cannot listen to him today due to the news coming out. I occasionally listen to a recording I got from my dad by Charlie Douglas and still get a good laugh from it. If you have never heard his stories of growing up with his best friend Dammit Ray, you should listen to it. You can find him, along with the entire world apparently, on Youtube.
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck