Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What internet browser do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    I just switched from internet explorer to google chrome and can't believe how much faster chrome is. What browser do you use?
    Thanks
    I use Firefox almost exclusively at home and google chrome at work because it is allowed. Firefox has fallen behind because it is slower than the rest but this is only a fairly recent problem. I have heard they are revamping Firefox now to compete with the best browsers and they really need to..it is out of date.

Chrome - ever since I retired in 2011.
    I used to use IE because that's what most of my customers used.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I thought Mozilla addressed the performance issue, guess not. Firefox is undergoing a significant makeover starting with I think 57 though I'm not sure about the number. They're making structural changes and controversially dropping support for a great many add-ons. Some add-on publishers will rewrite to work with the new browser, many others won't. Firefox and its offshoots - Palemoon etc. are the only web browser that I think cares about user privacy. Google (Chrome) certainly doesn't and Microsoft seems to be following Google's lead.
    Nope, they haven't fixed a thing, which is unfortunate because I like Firefox more than any other browser. Mozilla acknowledges that it is their browser, they even have a section on "what if Firefox is slow but no other browsers are". I've taken all of those steps and it really hasn't helped. I'm hoping their revamp will solve the problem.

Use Firefox ESR on the Debian Jessie desktop, Pale Moon on the Win 8.1 laptop.

Although if I need to to a quick lookup of something I've used the built in browser (Eww) in Emacs.

-Tom