Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust collector issues

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    First of all , why a left and a right handed model. Does it matter?
    ClearVue told me the difference in performance was not significant. I chose the left-hand mode since it fit a lot better to where I needed to bring the inlet duct in my DC closet.

The 5 hp ClearVue is amazing. Very loud, controlled by the insulated closet. Extremely strong. I'm glad I got it rather than a smaller one.

JKJ

You can use a 3 phase in a single phase shop. You need to get a variable frequency drive, VFD, they take the single phase and make it into 3 phase. The only real reason for doing it here in North America is so you can slow down the DC motor when doing small work like sanding a pen barrel and wind it back up when doing larger work like bowls. You pay a little more for the CV 3 phase motor and about $250US for a VFD if you buy direct from China like I did. Mine was from a company called Powtran (bought through alibaba) and it is the one the Aussies usually use with their CV to boost the 50 cycle power they have to 60 cycle we use to get the same performance as over here. I hope to have my system running in the fall.

You can muffle the exhaust to cut down the noise if you have neighbours. Enclosing the cyclone will quiet it down inside.