Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why blogs are (or should be) dying

My blog certainly is very quit, since I discovered instagram. Allthough I like to read blogs, writing them is indeed a lot of work.

I also like to check out unpluggedshop or norsewoodworking, two places to keep up with handtool woodworking blogs. It's a pitty you miss out on a lot of other quality blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees Heiden View Post
    My blog certainly is very quit, since I discovered instagram. Allthough I like to read blogs, writing them is indeed a lot of work.
    You were one of those younger, trendier creators apparently.

Today is definitely a day to check out unpluggedshop, there are instagram links to the kez 2017 planing contest with video clips. Including a pass by Brian H.

Blog Entries
    I'm putting together a post for Kez soon as well, then will get on to a new project that I've been working on for some weeks now without putting it up.

A blog is more effort, so should of course be more infrequent than something like Facebook or Instagram but also more thorough. I think it is a bit early to write it off, there was a recent 'forums are dying' commentary, but not really. More people do participate in some Facebook groups but the downside is that good discussions can get buried too quickly. I find forums easier to navigate. I find blogs to be more of a 'sip your coffee and enjoy' than the quick consumption associated with other venues.

I find a good development of community in both. The fun of a picture based venue of course is that it is very inclusive, I have followers who post in many many other languages and still we can communicate well because of the fact that we are trading photos. I've seen posts from Japanese kezurou-Kia participants, for instance, that otherwise would not be accessible to me, and they very much provide an ah-ha moment or other insight.

There is no real need to approach this as an either-or, when you can have all of the above.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.