Thread: Bahco file deal on Amazon: A scam?

Bahco file deal on Amazon: A scam?

I ordered a 10-pack of Bahco 8-inch smooth cut flat files. They are advertised on Amazon for $16.62 and free shipping. Too good to be true, I thought, and maybe it is. Yesterday, I get a package from WN Direct in New York, NH. No literature or supporting documents, and one lonesome 8" file in it.
    I find one customer review connected to this Amazon ad stating that the buyer has had a similar problem. Has anyone else had this experience? It's hard to get hold of anyone connected to the order for a refund or the other nine files.

It happens all the time on Amazon that something is advertised as a quantity of an item when the vendor meant to sell only one of the item. If it is Amazon themselves they were probably given the wrong information for the item. If it is a third party seller they might be doing it on purpose.

It's always returnable, Amazon is very good about that, just make sure you tell them that the ad is clearly wrong and they'll either fix it or refund your money.

Not a scam, but a mistake.
    Well, maybe an attempted scam, who knows.

I had the same thing on Amazon with rubbermaid Dishpans I wanted for small tool and stuff storage.

About $17 for "10"... a crazy low price for ten, but who knows, maybe the guy had 10,000 to dump.... or maybe.. a crazy high price if just one.... But hey, it clearly said 10 in two separate places.. at top, AND in Description.

So I bit, wondering what I was gonna get.

Got one.

$17 for one plastic dishpan.

Contacted Amazon, refund no problem, not even asked for return.

That was a year ago, I hear they are more stringent now asking for actual returns to get the refund. Marc

Yes, call Amazon. They'll correct it.