Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Degreasers

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Friedrichs View Post
    I've tried Simple Green, citrus-based degreasers, "purple" degreaser, fancy engine degreaser....and they never seem to really do anything, no matter what I use them on.
    My experience is the opposite.
    I've found that overnight soaking in any of these will take grease and paint off just about anything.

Blog Entries
    Don't underestimate using plain old Dawn dish washing detergent. If it can clean crude oil off of fur and feathers, you know it works. Amazes me how quickly it will completely cut bacon and hamburger grease with just warm water. But for the caked on automotive type grease, brake cleaner with a stiff bristle cleaning brush is my go-to.
    NOW you tell me...

Castrol Super-Clean is the boss of all purple degreasers, and IMO degreasers in general. And it works on GREASE. Dirt and other grime & stuff, not so much. It's essentially liquid oven cleaner, has plenty of lye in it, both will etch 50 series aluminum and turn it white. Will mess up anodized aluminum too if memory serves... Get the stuff on your hands and and within seconds it'll emulsify all the oil in your skin, leaving it dryer than rawhide strips and you running for the lotion bottle. Wear gloves
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

+1 Kev. Super Clean is good stuff. Just wear good gloves!