Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bosch Glide vs Hitachi C12RSH2

Tim,

I bought my Bosch 10" a year and a half or ago for $500 (at the time the best price was $650 I believe. I used a 25% off coupon. Zoro's prices are relatively high but with the coupon it gets interesting. The Bosch 12" glider right now is $853.18 and there is a 25% off coupon in my email box which computes $639.89 with free shipping and no sales tax. If you need the coupon PM me your email address and I will send it to you. I am very happy with my Bosch (had the Makita 10" slider for 6 or 7 years prior to that).

Thanks
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Tim M Tuttle View Post
    Thanks for the info, all. After some more reading and the posts on this board it's clear some features were cut with the new saw but I've to see exactly which features. I'll probably hold off a little to see if the Bosch goes on sale or if I can find a good price on eBay. The bevel knob being located in back on the Hitachi is a bummer as I was going to try and enclose the saw quite a bit for dust collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lemley View Post
    Tim,

I bought my Bosch 10" a year and a half or ago for $500 (at the time the best price was $650 I believe. I used a 25% off coupon. Zoro's prices are relatively high but with the coupon it gets interesting. The Bosch 12" glider right now is $853.18 and there is a 25% off coupon in my email box which computes $639.89 with free shipping and no sales tax. If you need the coupon PM me your email address and I will send it to you. I am very happy with my Bosch (had the Makita 10" slider for 6 or 7 years prior to that).

Thanks
    Jack
    Thank you for the offer. I appreciate it but I can get that saw for $600 at a few different places.

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    There have to be better deals out there somewhere, I saw the 12" Bosch for under $700 cdn. ($550 US) locally, I paid $480 cdn. 15 months ago.

I have a c12lsh. It has goofy mounting holes. Get the bosch. The Hitachi mounting on a t4b bosch stand took some thinking. My dewalt mounted perfect. Hitachi is now on a shop made bench.

I really like my new Bosch Glider but it's only the 10 inch model. I have heard the new Hitachi's don't have the quality of the older ones and are hit or miss on reliability.
    Earl

i read a review a few years back in which they compared dust collection on various mitersaws .the bosch glide was by a large margin the worst ,even with a vacuum .blew that dust everywhere . also you really cannot back it up against a wall .in order to miter you need to turn the saw and that wide area in the back needs alot of space . I do not know how much space it really takes up .may still be a smaller saw .
    in my search for another saw i am looking at sound . Maybe this is about age of my ears but this is very important . Just mentioning it as a point you also might want to consider .

Quote Originally Posted by joseph f merz View Post
    ...In my search for another saw i am looking at sound . Maybe this is about age of my ears but this is very important .
    I don't understand this point, sawing without hearing protection? I keep good over-the-ear hearing protectors (and safety glasses) hanging by my mitersaw, table saw, etc. and never turn the saw on without wearing them.

The best I've found are at gun stores - light weight, comfortable, excellent sound reduction. I like the bright yellow ones which are hard to miss from even across a cluttered shop. I use them when running bobcat, mowers, weed trimmer, chain saw, pneumatic tools, pounding posts, when practicing the trumpet (just kidding there!) Kid's versions are available.

If working with another person we both use the type with microphones and electronics, also made for firearms use - they allow normal conversation but cut off the instant they detect a loud sound. (One bonus feature: you can turn up the volume to hear far more than I can with unaided ears! - great for going after varmints since I can hear them moving.) I keep three of these: https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight.../dp/B001T7QJ9O

JKJ

started using hearing protection on jobsight when i was 30 ,i am not 30 anymore . I really like that my kapex because it isn't a loud squealer .Client actual made a comment on my jobsight last week that she liked the fact my saw wasn't so loud .even got a california Air compressor do to it being far less loud .When in my shop I am concerned /respectful of my neighbors . Larger padded ear muffs are often not practicle ,actually accept in the shop they rarely are .
    I just think it is wise to consider not only dust collection but noise .

I purchased the Bosch Glide a few months ago to replace a Dewalt compound and really like the new Bosch. Don't have any experience with the Hitachi but have noticed locally a lot of Hitachi's in Criagslist and pawn shops or $150-200. You are correct about poor dust collection the Bosch. I have had much less success collecting dust off the Bosch than my old Dewalt. I think the problem is the large central support arm on the Bosch scatters the dust every direction. Bosch tries to capture the dust though a small collector on the side of the support but too much dust hits the support not the collector. I like the Bosch enough I would certainly buy it again.
    Last edited by julian abram; 08-10-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joseph f merz View Post
    started using hearing protection on jobsight when i was 30 ,i am not 30 anymore . I really like that my kapex because it isn't a loud squealer .Client actual made a comment on my jobsight last week that she liked the fact my saw wasn't so loud .even got a california Air compressor do to it being far less loud .When in my shop I am concerned /respectful of my neighbors . Larger padded ear muffs are often not practicle ,actually accept in the shop they rarely are .
    I just think it is wise to consider not only dust collection but noise .
    I too got a California Air Tools compressor. First one had to go back before I even plugged it in because there was something rattling around in the motor. The second one is three months old and wont get to 125 PSI. Emailed support a couple of days ago and need to tear it open to figure out what is wrong. Not a great purchase so far.