Thread: CNC Shop San Diego Area?

CNC Shop San Diego Area?

I need to find a local CNC shop in the San Diego area. The shop I normally use is booked up for the next few weeks.

I build these azumaya / gazebos with a 'draped' roof
    and all the rafters and roof pieces need to be cut by CNC as each rafter has a different shape depending where it is in the compound curved roof. Most all the pieces are cut from 2x12 clear KD VG western red cedar , 1 5/8" thick. Some of the rafters are 8' 8" long.

I have the dxf files, and I do about one of these a month.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 08-08-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    WoodsShop

I've been googling and contacted a few shops,

how else can I find a local shop??
    WoodsShop

Hey Joe,

I wanted to chime in because I didnt see any responses yet.

Try to expand your search to a wider area - This build looks like it would have no problem being palletized and shipped to you. Currently in my area many of the cnc shops are going crazy with work (Economies is on the rise) But im sure a city away or even state away it might be different and shops could be idle.

Another option would be if your using the same design on each build (Same size gazebos) than contact shops and tell them you want three built at a time. This will cost you more because you have to pay up front for three but many shops are more likely to do this, alot more profitable for them. My shop only works in volume/production items - Well build one as a sample but after that we set minimum order (Most items we make require special vacuum jigs to be made and wouldn't be worth making one set at a time with setup). This option only works if you install the same size each month and have the funds available.

Good Luck
    3X Camfive 1200 48" x 24" 100watt Tube
    Zcorp 450 3d Printer
    Laguna Smartshop 2 - 4x8 ATC

Thanks Robert but I'd like to keep it on the San Diego area, must be quite a few around here ..
    WoodsShop

Im not in the area but just wanted to say, man, those are some nice looking jobs. Very nice.

Have you entered the SD North County city names in your search?

I lived in that area in the past.
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".