Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Replacement Motor - Fein Vac 9.55.13

Looking for a Replacement Motor - Fein Vac 9.55.13

My old Fein vac died. I called Fein customer support and was told no replacemnet parts available. I checked online at the replcement parts sites but no luck finding a motor. The motor part # is: 69908100101.

I took the old motor out and the numbers are: E 061300113 CL80026
    115-50/60 15A212
    SERIE93 2838M115.261

If possible, I would like to find a replacement motor at Grainger and tried using all of the numbers without any results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Frank

I don't suppose that you know what is wrong with the motor? My Grandfather used to fix motors, it is what he did (as in he owned a shop and people paid him to do exactly that). I expect that many of the newer motors are not designed to be fixable in any way; sadly.

Subscribing to see other replies.

I don't know what is wrong with the motor but I found other posts with the same symptoms, motor got very loud and smell of burning. Customer service said that it was the motor and that the vac is trash. I love the vac and saw reviews of people who had my model and purchased the new model and liked the old better. Two of the compaints were that the new hose is stiffer and shorter along with cord management.

Fein said that the old hose doesn't fit the new vac but I expect that I could find an adapter to move the old hose to a new vac.

Check this thread...
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ot-hard-to-fix

Also this one...
    http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/arc...p/t-11332.html

This may be your replacement motor...not 100% sure.... (no affiliation with site and don't know if they're a reputable seller)
    http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.co....PBsTJG29.dpbs
    Last edited by Victor Robinson; 08-09-2017 at 4:16 PM.

Thank you so much for pointing out the threads. I saw the first one and mistakenly thought that it didn't contain any specific information. Both conain some very good leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    Check this thread...
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ot-hard-to-fix

Also this one...
    http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/arc...p/t-11332.html

This may be your replacement motor...not 100% sure.... (no affiliation with site and don't know if they're a reputable seller)
    http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.co....PBsTJG29.dpbs

When i was a kid I took apart several vacuums. all the motors were made by Lester back then.
    Bill

I have a well used 20 year old Shop Vac professional stainless model and the motor finally died. (Very loud and burning smell.) I was shocked to be able to buy a direct replacement motor from Shop Vac for under $60 with free shipping. Now it's back and running like it was brand new.

Thanks, Frank, for posting about this, and to the people who posted links. I never knew that replacement motors were available for vacs. Good information.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I had the same issue. Never again. I have a Rigid.

It's hard to beat those old Turbo II's, isn't it? They're just so easy to pick up and haul wherever and quiet to boot. I have 2 Festools and a Mirka but the Fein is still my go-to when I need to vac the car or the office or take it out to clean up on a remodel job.

Mine is 13 years old and still running strong, I'll be dressing in black for weeks when it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Graham View Post
    It's hard to beat those old Turbo II's, isn't it? They're just so easy to pick up and haul wherever and quiet to boot. I have 2 Festools and a Mirka but the Fein is still my go-to when I need to vac the car or the office or take it out to clean up on a remodel job.

Mine is 13 years old and still running strong, I'll be dressing in black for weeks when it dies.
    If there are replacement motors available, just give it a heart transplant. I had to replace the foam in the black cover recently. That foam is the majority of the reason those vacs are quiet. I replaced the motor after removing the deteriorated foam just to see how loud it would be. It's pretty loud, not much different than other shop vacs.

Wonder if Frank had any luck with a replacement?

In case you're still following this thread:
    I've owned four Fein Turbo vacs to date and in the past just thrown them away to buy a new one. But not any more I have vowed.

My latest Fein Turbo just died too. The sticker on the side of my Fein vac motor read" Ametek 1336". I contacted the maker of their vac motors, Ametek-Lamb and was told by their sales engineer that the motor was made by their Italian factory. He was unsuccessful attempting to provide me with a source so I searched through all of their vacuum motors listed on their web site and selected Ametek Model 116448-00 as the closest match in performance and dimensions to the motor in the Fein vac. Bought one on Ebay and installed in yesterday. Works great and I'm back in business. This whole ordeal took me a month to work through all the leads for parts, parts vendors and the Ametek factory.

From my experience with the Fein vacuum the motor has a service life of no more than 500 hours. Depending on the severity of service, either the brushes wear out or the bearings seize up. I've used mine a lot for sheet rock dust sanding and saw dust removal from shop tools. Usually it's the bearings that let go for me and, in my latest case, I removed the brushes and they still had a lot of life left.

Hope this helps out and is not too late for you to utilize.
    Last edited by John Kather; 04-22-2018 at 9:30 PM.

Thanks John, great to get some concrete info on this. Which model Fein Turbo do you have?

I bought a WAP drywaller vac in 1991 and it's been rock solid ever since. They were sold to Alto and they still make amazing vacs. Good to know that the Fein only lasts 500 hours..joe