Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not sure I care for the forum split...

At some point in the future we will have another search feature that works, something like the one that Aaron Koehl developed a couple years ago. The reason that I can make this promise is that most of you have no idea how valuable our archives are and the fantastic information that exists here. More than any forum here the Laser Engraving Forum contains a wealth of information with impressive file attachments....not just pictures there are lots of drawings, pdf files, vector files and a whole host of other documents that only a few have ever seen.

I recently finished reviewing over 50,000 file attachments from 2014, 2015 and 2016 from all of our forums. It knocks me out every time I review file attachments here, in fact I am working with Aaron to develop a Hall of Fame feature now. This is a monumental job because the volume of pictures alone but I hope to unveil this feature on our 15th anniversary this February.

What makes me sad is that there are so many posts of projects that won't ever be seen again here because so many people have chosen not to upload their pictures here and now they are gone.

If you would like to submit any project for consideration please send me a Private Message with a link to the post of the persons project. How many people here do think will receive the Hall Of Fame title with pictures and links to their projects ?

I saved this link in my bookmarks but when I try to use it I get sorry no results in search.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Lets give the dual forums some time to see if they are more productive as people get used to the format.

In the meantime try this link and save it in your browser favorites, it will search both engraver forums for new posts.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/search.p...w&include=8,69
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I saved this link in my bookmarks but when I try to use it I get sorry no results in search.
    Same here!!
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

.... In the meantime try this link and save it in your browser favorites, it will search both engraver forums for new posts.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/search.p...w&include=8,69
    That's a good one, Keith, thanks.
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    It was split because of complaints from seasoned users. A large amount of tech support questions were flooding the main forum. On any given day, 75% or more was tech support questions. With that level of questions every day on the same subject matter, it was discouraging people who have been here for years from participating.

The decision was made to split it into a tech support and general discussion area to try and get more posting about actual engraving, rather than posting about broken machines.

All you need to do is back up one level and create a new bookmark. Problem solved

Agree, and like the new split. Was tired of sorting through broken laser problems to get to something interesting about actual engraving.

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

Bert,

Login to SawMill Creek first and then use the link.

Keith I saved the link in my firefox bookmarks, opened SMC and tried the link again same thing happens . What am I doin wrong?

Bert,

Login to SawMill Creek first and then use the link.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Keith I saved the link in my firefox bookmarks, opened SMC and tried the link again same thing happens . What am I doin wrong?
    Same here, stopped working yesterday morning.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

I don't know why its not working for you guys. I just opened a new browser window in Firefox and inserted the link, it worked perfectly.

I'll ask Aaron if he knows why the link works for me but not others.

It only shows new posts since your last visit. If there are no new posts, it'll show no results.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    Same here, stopped working yesterday morning.
    My saved bookmark link isn't working anymore either, although there are new posts. Strange.
    RayFine RF-9060 80W CO2 laser
    RayFine 30W JPT-LP Fiber Laser
    Pressurized Sandblasting Cabinet
    Sublimation stuff.

I kinda mentioned this before but this works great for me:

I made the general forum my home page, so whenever I open firefox, the general forum comes up-
    then I immediately open a new tab, which lists my most-used page thumbnails, and of course the hardware forum is always #1, in the top left corner

3 button pushes... click the firefox icon, click new tab, click the first thumbnail, both forums loaded
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle