Thread: Selected for a city art exhibit!

Selected for a city art exhibit!

I received news that a piece I made was selected to be displayed in our city's art exhibit promoting the arts here in Sioux Falls. I was also informed that they want to use it on the promotional stuff for the show which is neat. It's my hanging vase in mulberry I posted awhile back. It's based on a design by Nick Arnull of the UK and he was kind enough to give me permission to show this. I thought it prudent to ask since the design is from his works and he had no problems with it, so big thanks to him! This is the first time I've ever done anything like this, any suggestions? I'm not selling it, it's just for fun and show. Anyways, that's the news, pretty excited.HV1.jpgHV2.jpg I'm also getting better at my photography I think! That helped a lot when they asked for pics.
    USMC '97-'01

Very nice. That is exciting news. Congrats!!!

Was just up in your part of the country last month. Spent some time with friends in Dell Rapids (lived there for 6 years) and did the Brookings Summer Art Fair (lived there for 4 years). Great people up in that part of the county. However, I don't miss the winters.

Adam - congrats on getting into your city's art exhibit! That is pretty cool all by itself but to have your work used for their promotional material really makes this a big deal! I am happy for you! About the only advice I can offer is to be sure to go to the opening reception. You will have the opportunity to talk to folks about your art and you just never know where that will lead! Photos of your event would be much appreciated!

Congrats again and have fun!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Congrats. Beautiful piece of art.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Congratulations Adam!
    Fred

hello I live about 80 miles east of Sioux Falls. When and where is the art fair you are speaking of? I might like to attend. Jared

Great work and congratulations.

Way to go, wish you were just a little closer. Pretty big deal, especially if it is the first time for something like this.

Thank you everyone!

Steve, I will attend, they want me there for the full 4 hours of the event to answer questions and promote the arts.

Jared, the event is October 6th from 5-9 PM. My understanding is it will be one of the stops for the Art and Wine Walk at one of their stops.

I'll definitely post some pics of the event and some of the other folks art.
    USMC '97-'01

Way to go and congrats Adam.
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA