Thread: Barth 500V 22mm dog holes

Barth 500V 22mm dog holes

I just received Barth 500v worktable. Love it, but one problem. The perforated top is made up of 22mm dog holes...

Barth does make several accessories, but all of my standard dogs / clamps etc do not fit.

Outside of making my own with 7/8" wood dowels, does anyone know of someone who makes 22mm dog hole accessories? Or possibly a bushing that I could slip in the holes and use my 20mm accessories?

Thanks.

Find a metal lathe and have some bushings turned. Have a local machine shop? They are pretty common lathes.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have a 500v on order, but decided to go with the smooth top. I felt I could get a local CNC guy to cut a top with 20mm holes for a fraction of the price Barth wanted for a top that didn't fit my current clamps. Hoping I don't regret that decision.

Do you find the table to be stable once the casters are locked? I ordered the cam lifts and extra legs just in case. Hopefully I don't regret that decision either.

Lee Valley/Veritas has 20mm accessories, as does Festool.

I ordered the standard top, but for some reason the factory put a pref top on it... Love the company, they said opps just go ahead and keep the 1000.00 option.

The table is very stable. The table is pretty heavy and the weight on the rollers keeps it in place. There are 2 swivel casters that lock both the wheel and the turn on mine so it does not move.

The only thing I do not like is the vacuum pump. When you turn it on, it runs the entire time, I was kinda expecting it to cycle on/off when it senses a drop in the pressure... It is kinda loud.

Mike... the holes are 22mm not 20. I have a ton of 20mm accessories that do not fit.

The $1000 up charge and non standard holes was a deal breaker for me. But if they offered it for free, yeah, I'd take it!

I heard the pump at AWFS. It ran full time, but I didn't get a handle on the noise since the show floor was quite loud. I ordered the 8m3/h pump, so hopefully that doesn't make it worse. Eventually I want to add a vacuum table or bag, so the larger pump can power both.

On the Barth pump, it should be pretty easy to add a pressure switch to stop the pump when the vacuum is at saw 25".

How have you fellas got along with your Barth? I mainly build boxes and trays and have a couple of MFT tables that take up too much room in my garage and this looks like a good way to free up space and eliminate a lot of clamps.

I really like the 500v, but given the recent price increases from Barth and USD/EUR exchange rate, I'd likely find another solution if I were buying today. The Felder FAT 300s outfitted with the Festool VacSys (2 pods) is 1/3 the price of the Barth. If you really wanted the Barth vacuum system, they sell an individual pod (Vacuusyst 180), or a pair (Vacuusyst 3.15) which can be mounted to your bench of choice.