Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best pricing/deals on trotec speedy 300

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I'd say they aren't the same customers. Someone looking for a $3,000 ebay laser isn't the same customer as someone looking for a Trotec. I'd say that DESPITE the influx of Chinese lasers, Trotec's sales have been off the charts. I've witnessed them going from a reasonably small footprint in the USA to having a HUGE footprint in the USA with regional service centers and loads more people working for them. I do know that companies that aren't doing well don't open new locations and hire new people.

My guess is Epilog, Universal, and Trotec have all done well in the last 5 years, despite so many imported machines coming in. How's that possible? They make phone contact and explain their case for buying their machines, like any good sales staff does.
    Bourbon is a type of whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon. There are many professionals on this forum that have Chinese DC lasers in their signature, that are not $3,000 eBay lasers, as you put it. My guess is that this was not the case 5-6 years ago, and has had some bearing on market share.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    Bourbon is a type of whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon. There are many professionals on this forum that have Chinese DC lasers in their signature, that are not $3,000 eBay lasers, as you put it. My guess is that this was not the case 5-6 years ago, and has had some bearing on market share.
    And where did I say that you can't be a professional with a Chinese laser?

What I said was that someone looking for a $3,000 laser isn't the same customer as someone looking for a $40,000 laser. I think that's stating the obvious. I suspect Western companies don't spend much time trying to convince a person looking to spend $3,000 that they need to spend $40,000.

The fact remains, Trotec has done very well. Figure that into any equation that works for you. Don't want to buy one, don't call them. It's pretty simple.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Following up with Scott, here's a link to Trotec moving into a new, larger building last year. 25,000 sq. feet. Seems like they are doing just fine.
    https://a-e-mag.com/news/trotec-relo...mouth-michigan

Any laser manufacturer that has enough sales to justify a rep in Eugene Oregon is doing just fine... Yep, Trotec has a presence here!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    Maybe a better comparison would be to CNC machines. Both ShopBot and CAMaster (for example) have prices listed on their website and can be configured with upgrades. It's a starting point. The Western laser 3 will likely have to move in that direction if the market continues to split with Chinese machines, start-ups, and also-rans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    And where did I say that you can't be a professional with a Chinese laser?

What I said was that someone looking for a $3,000 laser isn't the same customer as someone looking for a $40,000 laser. I think that's stating the obvious. I suspect Western companies don't spend much time trying to convince a person looking to spend $3,000 that they need to spend $40,000.

The fact remains, Trotec has done very well. Figure that into any equation that works for you. Don't want to buy one, don't call them. It's pretty simple.
    You might be debating yourself here, Steve. The discussion is about the rub, that some have expressed, at the inability to be transparent about about how much a machine costs and the haggle business model used by the big three. As seen in this thread, some will bristle at having to fly somewhere, within a few opportunities a year, to get a good price on a machine, or deal with a certain regional sales rep, when a customer might prefer the choice to do business with someone else.

As more purchase options become available and new manufacturers embrace ways to connect with how today's customer wants to do business, you will probably see a shift, especially for desktop and starter machines. You might be seeing that with fiber, now.

I looked at a Trotec when I was needing a laser I even went to a show and on the way home I stopped off at Rabbit and they convinced me that a Chinese laser would meet my needs. At the show I saw all 3 lasers and got show prices from them that I thought was very good prices on one of their demos I then called Trotec and received a lower price for a new machine. I actually got 2 prices at the show 2 different days and 2 different prices again 2 different times. That is why I decided that Trotec was not a company I wanted to deal with.

Jerome,

Trotec has an outstanding reputation with their customers and I know that they have a pretty solid pricing structure based on a very large number of people here who I have helped connect with Trotec over the years. I don't have clue what happened in your case but there must be a piece of the puzzle missing. Possibly you priced a machine with five different configurations or there was a misunderstanding somewhere that would explain the variety in price quotes. Or, maybe you didn't get written quotes, that is always the best course of action when your shopping for any major purchase.

A company that has a variety of machines at a show and in their warehouse can easily provide multiple prices that can vary considerably which is why a written quote gives you the option to compare the specifications of a machine and its options.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Jerome,

Trotec has an outstanding reputation with their customers and I know that they have a pretty solid pricing structure based on a very large number of people here who I have helped connect with Trotec over the years. I don't have clue what happened in your case but there must be a piece of the puzzle missing. Possibly you priced a machine with five different configurations or there was a misunderstanding somewhere that would explain the variety in price quotes. Or, maybe you didn't get written quotes, that is always the best course of action when your shopping for any major purchase.

A company that has a variety of machines at a show and in their warehouse can easily provide multiple prices that can vary considerably which is why a written quote gives you the option to compare the specifications of a machine and its options.

I don't know what it was at the show but it was 2 different people that I talked to about the demo unit there. When I called I again talked to 2 different people but the unit was set up the same as the show