Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best pricing/deals on trotec speedy 300

It may be more common in Scandinavia than in other places that things have a list price? Certainly all major car brands have list prices. Machines sales do seem to be more smoke and mirrors that many other products though.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cee View Post
    The reason I had asked for a ball park range was because our local dealer told us the price was not negotiable and it was the lowest he had given in the last 10 years. I find it hard to believe that the first price he gave was the best price. And he isn't willing to budge. Hence my only reason asking for advice and previous experiences on this forum.
    Do you post all your pricing on your website? We don't have a single price on ours and in all the years of being on this forum and getting to know many of the people who run laser engraving businesses, I can't say I've ever seen one of them post pricing on their site either. There's a reason for that. You want the customer to call you because then you have made contact and in sales, that's the first step. If you post it all online, then you never get to talk to the customer and explain why your product/services are better and worth a premium.

I've said many times that I don't understand the hang up with pricing. I've watched people buy a machine that cost $1000 less to save $1,000, but they bought a slower machine that took 25% longer to run almost every rastering job that you'd ever put on the machine. So you saved $1,000, but gave away how many $1,000's in slower production? Doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint, at least from our business standpoint. We want the fastest, most reliable machine we can get. If it costs $3,000 more, then it costs $3,000 more. Over the life of the machine, that $3,000 investment is going to pay off exponentially.

Having said that, if you are buying it as a hobby, then speed/time doesn't matter, so all bets are off. But I think any reasonable ROI would point you to the right machine to buy.

I've bought machines from people I didn't care for much. I held my nose and ordered it. Why? Because it was the best machine for us. We could have easily said "I don't like his attitude" and bought a lesser machine. Then who suffers? The guy that we didn't buy the machine from? Or us, because now we're stuck with a lesser machine for the next 5 years?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Do you post all your pricing on your website? We don't have a single price on ours and in all the years of being on this forum and getting to know many of the people who run laser engraving businesses, I can't say I've ever seen one of them post pricing on their site either. There's a reason for that. You want the customer to call you because then you have made contact and in sales, that's the first step. If you post it all online, then you never get to talk to the customer and explain why your product/services are better and worth a premium.

I've said many times that I don't understand the hang up with pricing. I've watched people buy a machine that cost $1000 less to save $1,000, but they bought a slower machine that took 25% longer to run almost every rastering job that you'd ever put on the machine. So you saved $1,000, but gave away how many $1,000's in slower production? Doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint, at least from our business standpoint. We want the fastest, most reliable machine we can get. If it costs $3,000 more, then it costs $3,000 more. Over the life of the machine, that $3,000 investment is going to pay off exponentially.

Having said that, if you are buying it as a hobby, then speed/time doesn't matter, so all bets are off. But I think any reasonable ROI would point you to the right machine to buy.

I've bought machines from people I didn't care for much. I held my nose and ordered it. Why? Because it was the best machine for us. We could have easily said "I don't like his attitude" and bought a lesser machine. Then who suffers? The guy that we didn't buy the machine from? Or us, because now we're stuck with a lesser machine for the next 5 years?
    You can't compare a consumer product with a service. I've never seen consumer products not have a price. Have you ever walked into a store to purchase a laptop and not know what the price was? Or a tv? No, the price is always listed. So why would that be any different when purchasing machinery? Even cars have a listed invoice price and people can use that to negotiate with sales.

My physical goods have a price listed.

You can't compare a consumer product with a service. I've never seen consumer products not have a price. Have you ever walked into a store to purchase a laptop and not know what the price was? Or a tv? No, the price is always listed. So why would that be any different when purchasing machinery? Even cars have a listed invoice price and people can use that to negotiate with sales.
    I think you have that backwards. A piece of capital equipment is not a consumer product like a laptop or tv where they make millions of them. Like I said, one rule of sales is to make contact. Positing pricing online takes that away.

Selling lasers is not a "Retail" operation. Comparing it to retail is the flaw. It's not retail. Bottom line, don't like the fact there are no prices on their website, don't buy from them. But do so at your own expense.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I think you have that backwards. A piece of capital equipment is not a consumer product like a laptop or tv where they make millions of them. Like I said, one rule of sales is to make contact. Positing pricing online takes that away.

Selling lasers is not a "Retail" operation. Comparing it to retail is the flaw. It's not retail. Bottom line, don't like the fact there are no prices on their website, don't buy from them. But do so at your own expense.
    If selling a product is not retail then it must be wholesale but I still think that they should at least have a MSRP

Car dealers have MSRP. It's meaningless.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Bottom line, don't like the fact there are no prices on their website, don't buy from them. But do so at your own expense.
    Or theirs, as it may be. The lack of transparent pricing could be turning potential customers away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Car dealers have MSRP. It's meaningless.
    I think the sales model is different in the US compared to where I live. Basically the dealerships here have an online configurator tool that gives you the price and you pay the same price irrespective of which dealer you buy from. What they will pay for your trade-in if you go that route, is where it can vary a bit from dealer to dealer. Not by a lot though as they have guidelines.

The price of a car on a lot varies from car to car based on model and options. The same is true of Laser Engravers, CNC Routers, etc.

If you don't like the dealer in your area call the main office and ask for assistance. I purchased two Trotec Lasers and never talked to my local dealer and if you look around here you can find the contact information for someone at the Trotec office who would be glad to help. I try my best to keep this information current.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Henriksen View Post
    My physical goods have a price listed.
    EXACTLY. Physical goods whether you want to call them a "capital good" or a consumer product or just a plain PRODUCT should have a listed price.

We have already contacted our local office and it is a one man company and wont budge on the first price that was given. Therefore I ask what the ballpark range is because he is stating no room for negotiation. So contacting him to get a price that I could not negotiate wasn't any difference than just posting one non-negotiable price online.

EXACTLY. Physical goods whether you want to call them a "capital good" or a consumer product or just a plain PRODUCT should have a listed price.
    Lasers are not retail items. You don't go to a website, click on the one you want, then click on "Add to cart" and order a laser. It's equipment that has be ordered, shipped, and built from Austria. That's not the same as buying a premade product off the shelf.

Don't like the guys price? Then don't buy it. Move on to their competitor.

That is actually how it works for many car brands these days. They are made to order and you can specify the options via a website. If you can do it for a car, surely it can be done for a laser as well?

That's the way all 3 major manufactures do it. Call them and complain. A car manufacturer makes millions of cars. Lasers aren't cars. Not sure how to say it. So when you bought your Weike lasers, did you have to contact them for pricing, or was it done all online through a shopping cart?

There aren't any laser manufacturers doing it, for the reasons I have repeated. They want you to contact them so they can determine which product suits your needs, as well as making that human contact. There are books written about making human contact and it's value in a sale. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Here's one study that talks about the importance of making phone contact with potential customers.... http://pages.velocify.com/rs/leads36...t-Strategy.pdf