Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Learning Curve - CorelDraw to EzCad2

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    My "dongle" is built into the laser. Is this common? Makes it a pain, because I like to work on my laptop while watching TV late at night. With this setup, I cannot use Ezcad2 in that fashion.
    Same thing here on my Ray Fine, it would be nice like you say to design on one computer and send to the shop. Can not even do a Save As or Export.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

My dongle looks like a flash drive, so I can take it anywhere- but I don't. You guys want to, but can't. Figures

If you have computers on the same home network, just use Remote Desktop. I can run any one of 8 computers FROM any of the same 8 computers. Saves me about a mile a day of stair walking!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    My issue is you have to have the machine on to work with the software. Aught to be a way around that. I dont really need to design in excad, but I would be nice to set up jobs without having machine on.....?
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

If the program has 用户只需要把安装光盘中 all over the 'help' menu, then I don't bother trying to design in it

I'm also curious if all you EZcad users have used the 'enable show contour' setting-- is that cool or what?
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    If the program has 用户只需要把安装光盘中 all over the 'help' menu, then I don't bother trying to design in it

I'm also curious if all you EZcad users have used the 'enable show contour' setting-- is that cool or what?
    Show contour is nice if you need to see exactly what you are engraving - and - the image isn't too complex. Sometimes, most times, it's ok just to have the outline.

Where it shines (ha ha) is on pocket knife blades or watches, etc, where you're fitting names & such around other wording or graphics...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

The leetro 6515 controller up to the 6565 have print drivers available for Illustrator, AutoCad and Corel Draw although you need to be running older versions of the software.
    You did what !

Blog Entries
    Yes, the contour is a great thing. I check it on and off depending on the application. Had one yesterday that I was putting 9mm logo on a 10mm wide rim. Yes, box was good, but contour let me see real location. There ARE good features of this software
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    My issue is you have to have the machine on to work with the software. Aught to be a way around that. I dont really need to design in excad, but I would be nice to set up jobs without having machine on.....?
    EZCAD Lite doesn't require that. I downloaded it and played with it for a while, with no laser attached.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    My version 2.7.6 has need for dongle. Which Is on board or at least internal to the machine. I have to turn key on and both buttons on. Fully powered up, before I open sw. If I don't, it defaults to demo mode and while I can play with it, none of my saved settings are correct, NONE.... From size to all setup info is demo. Wrong laser source, everything. And while I can p la y, it is worthless as it won't allow me to save file. So truly worthless than nothing unless machine is on.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    My version 2.7.6 has need for dongle. Which Is on board or at least internal to the machine. I have to turn key on and both buttons on. Fully powered up, before I open sw...
    On mine, it's just the Main Board switch to use EzCad.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

OK, first image - a badge. I have a great vectored image in Corel. I exported to a .tiff file & in Photoshop flattened it. That solved one problem. Now back in Corel I just can't find a good export that when imported into EzCad2 will produce anything decent. I'm willing to email the Corel file to someone with experience that can take a look and see where I'm going wrong.
    Last edited by Tim Bateson; 08-19-2017 at 2:30 PM.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Tim did you try an older version of AutoCAD DXF format, that is all I use to vector into EZCad Then I Hatch (and there is another learning curve), if needed for solid fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Tim did you try an older version of AutoCAD DXF format, that is all I use to vector into EZCad Then I Hatch (and there is another learning curve), if needed for solid fill.
    Tried that & on import image is blank.
    Tim
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

To be honest Tim and I know your much more experienced than I am, I have Imported BMP's and I think R14 DXF and that's it. Mine is Version 2.12.0.