Thread: Air Filtration

Question Air Filtration

Hi All,
    I'm in the market for a new air filtration system. I currently own a Delta 1/8HP air filter, which needs to be replaced. This is for a 400 sq ft shop. Any suggestions welcome.

John

They all do just about the same thing. I found a Powermatic PM1200 on sale for slightly less than the price of the similar sized JET. I believe that it has a better controller. It has 3 speeds and a timer that can be set to shut off after 1 to 9 hours. I usually use low speed because it is slightly quieter, and only set the timer for 1 hour after I leave the shop, so maybe any brand with a timer would work just as well.

Steve

The Jet is by far the most popular and there are many deals out there on it. It can be had for much less than retail and is pretty much the tried and true option.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

My shop is 720 sq. ft. I installed 2 of the Jets pointing in opposite directions so they move the air around the room in a CCW direction as viewed when standing between them.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Can anyone tell me whether the outer filter can be had at the local hardware store? I know I was able to find one for my Delta. thx john

Quote Originally Posted by John Buzzurro View Post
    Can anyone tell me whether the outer filter can be had at the local hardware store? I know I was able to find one for my Delta. thx john
    Most take a standard 12x24; not all, but most.

I've never seen one, but Wens can be had very cheaply. How bad can they be?

Quote Originally Posted by John Buzzurro View Post
    Yes, I have a Jet, can purchase the outside 1"x12"x24" filter almost any where locally.

Thanks to all for the info. I went ahead and ordered the JET AFS-1000B - 3 speeds, plus timer.

In order to cut costs, I bought 6 MERV 14 furnace filters through Amazon (.ca) for $107 CAD. Not much gets through to the fragile second filter. I find this to be good bang for the buck.
    Mike

I bought two of the Wen units from Amazon. Very happy with them, will be getting another.