Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agazzani band saw questions

Agazzani band saw questions

I just picked up an Agazzani NRA model 600 (24") 2000 year model band saw. It is out on my truck, and will remain there for a couple weeks while I am out of town.

The owner bought a house with a bunch of tools in the garage workshop (estate sale), and knew nothing about it. There were 30A 220 plugs in the garage, but they had already been disabled during his remodel. I could not start the saw, but it looks to be in very good condition. But I do have two questions.

1. Neither of us read Italian, and I am hoping this saw is single phase. The plug has a three prong twist lock with 30A 230V marking on it, and the tag on the saw says... '230 Mono'. Please tell me this is single phase.

2. The saw table has a miter slot, but it is less than 1/8" deep. Is this really for a miter gage? Sure seems strange. Do they make a miter gage for this saw? In any case I just want to make a sled for it.

I would have bought the saw even knowing it was 3 phase. I couldn't turn it down for $650. Never even tried to talk him down. It is a 660# monster.

Thank you,
    Rick
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Single phase. A 3 phase plug has 4 prongs.

Rick,
    I have a '13 b24 that I've been getting to know about a year. Flat wheels still seem weird to me but they work great. I'd confirm the electric requirements: mine is 5hp and calls for a 35-40 amp circuit.
    And you did good, I paid a little more than $650! Congrats!

They do make a miter gauge for that saw, it has a really shallow bar.

As already noted, it's 240v single phase. You can easily adapt to the shallow miter slot, either with a wood runner or one made of aluminum.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jesse at Eagle Tools in Los Angeles will answer any questions you have about your Agazzani.

Wow!

Thanks for the quick answers. I was pretty sure this was single phase, but had some lingering doubts. I am looking forward to getting this saw into the shop and setting it up. The shallow miter slot seems strange to me, but I appreciate knowing they actually made a miter gage for it. I want to make a crosscut sled for it. I use the one on my 14" Delta a lot. I will contact Eagle tool about getting a manual for it.

The 16" resaw capacity is really nice, but not the only reason I wanted the saw. I want the 24" X 32" table, and the 23 3/4"width of cut almost as much.

Edit: Anyone have suggestions about a crosscut sled for this saw?

Thanks again
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Wow Rick that's a nice saw I sometimes wish my Aggi had the bigger table.With that big table you start busting out Maloof rockers.
    Are you sure you need to cross cut on your bandsaw I know for me I have a zillion different ways to cross cut that makes more sense.
    Jesse was taking about getting miter Gage's made but I've not heard anything from him.
    How long is the blade on that saw?
    Aj

Hi Andrew,

That is another thing I have to ask Eagle tools.

Of course, you could come over and help me unload it when I get back, and we could measure it.

I won't be buying a miter gage, just want to make a couple sleds. Crosscut and circle jig, for starters.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

We can help if you need it.
    My oldest boy is staying with us right now and he's a lot stronger then me.We will be out of town at the end of this month going to lake Powell for three or four days.
    But we will be available after that.
    Aj

We will be leaving for Idaho Tuesday, and be back around the end of the month. Not even going to fool with it till then. I really appreciate the offer. If my grandsons and I have a problem, I may just take you up on the offer.

In any case, it would be nice to meet someone local.

Rick
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Rick,

If you haven't already done so remove the table before unloading. It's heavy! The upper wheel is also very easy to remove and is also heavy. With these off it's really not bad to move with four people....three could probably make it happen.

You're gonna enjoy using this saw!

I was so excited about it, I didn't go to bed until 4:30 AM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hollingsworth View Post
    Jesse at Eagle Tools in Los Angeles will answer any questions you have about your Agazzani.
    I agree. Jesse is an expert on Aazzani tools. He sold them for many years and is very helpful.

Wow, what a deal. That is a fantastic saw. Enjoy.

What ever happened to "No pic didn't happen?"

Sounds like a GREAT deal. Glad you were able to pick it up.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale