Other thread was getting a bit long....so, how about an update to start this second part?

Have the 1/4" plywood on hand, Have 10 "White Birch" knobs and 4 foot pads.

I tried to resize a few drawer sides.....crosscuts were fine.....two boards needed ripped for width. Trouble with the old bandsaw.....stalled dead, even without the v-belt on the motor....NOT GOOD!

Have torn the saw down.....thrust bearings were frozen ( now have been "un-frozen") drive wheel looked nasty. Cleaned everything out, plenty of WD40 and PBlaster. Will bring the air compressor down to the shop Sunday, and blow EVERYTHING out/off. Finally got the motor to spin up to speed....took a while, but I finally got it so the drive wheel would spin. Whew. Got out an old file, while the drive wheel was spinning along.....cleaned the crud off the bare wheel ( tire will be put on Sunday) and gave things a tune up for balance..

While things were spinning ( no blade, nor covers) I shot some "lube" into the spinning parts. 90% of the vibration is gone, now. Thrust bearings spin freely,, don't look very good, but they work nicely.

Tuesday, I pick up a few more Maple planks....doing a bit of trading. Drawer #5 will get re-done...and maybe a few Knot-free sides?

Not a very good start, but....we'll get this done...stay tuned.