Thread: hollow form

hollow form

This is my second attempt at a hollow form. Kinda fun to build. The bottom portion is 3 pieces and the top is 2 pieces. The hollow form is maple with just a bit of spaltting. I have no idea what the other wood is. Not real happy with the finial. I know practice practice and the practice some more. Thanks for looking
    Alfinial1.JPGfinial2.JPG

I wish my second attempt looked that good. Agree on the top finial. I am by far no an expert, too much base and the end just tapered. Someone else my really like it. Anyway great job overall.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Agreed, the finial is a bit too fat for my tastes but the HF looks to be a pleasing shape and the maple wood looks beautiful.
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

Your Hf is nice, I think your fnial is nice but too large in relation to the hollow form, it seems to over-power the HF. A finial 1/3 of the size of the one you have would be great and would pull the visual attention down to the HF. Not tryin to be overly critical, just helpful. You're doing great work.

Jay