Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feng Shui workshop

Feng Shui workshop

Found this surfing around the net. Titled as a Feng Shui workshop. Feng Shui or not, pretty amazing.

IMG_1715.jpg

Jumpin' Jehoshaphat!

Wow! Is that Lee Valley's next catalog cover? What a collection - I'll be you could stare at that for an hour and keep seeing new stuff. Look at the size of that "compass" on the left side of the first window, or that massive "gouge" to the right of the second window. What a collection!

Nice, but I don't see any shavings on the floor. Do the tools ever get used?
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Glenn View Post
    Nice, but I don't see any shavings on the floor. Do the tools ever get used?
    My thought as well. Nice display and nice collection but it doesn't look like a working set up. I'm one to talk as there are far too many planes, chisels, and saws in my tool tills, chests, and cabinets but bottom line there need be very few tools at hand. A couple or three planes, a dozen chisels at most, and a few saws. Everything else just gets in the way most of the time.

ken

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Wow! Is that Lee Valley's next catalog cover? What a collection - I'll be you could stare at that for an hour and keep seeing new stuff. Look at the size of that "compass" on the left side of the first window, or that massive "gouge" to the right of the second window. What a collection!
    And is that a rather large screwbox there under the window to the right?

That's not the floor it's a workbench.

Its a shame the guy ran out of space to store all his handplanes

Looks like a heck of a collection. When I see this many tools in pictures I like to think they are being used. I have an older gentleman friend that buys trailer loads of tools from Pennsylvania on a regular basis and has three buildings full to the ceiling with random goat paths running thru them. The first time he showed it to me he said, "Don't laugh". I actually could not laugh because my jaw was on the floor. Unfortunately he does not use a single one and is not interested in selling any of them. If I mention I am looking for a specific tool I usually find it on my front porch a few days later. I am very fortunate to have a good friend like him. But I still hate to see all those tools just sitting there.

I don't know how any workshop advertising itself as Feng Shui could do so without proudly displaying a dangling crystal. What is the world coming to?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Taran View Post
    I don't know how any workshop advertising itself as Feng Shui could do so without proudly displaying a dangling crystal. What is the world coming to?
    But Pete, it's a workshop. Shouldn't he have a dangling molding plane or something?

It doesn't look like most of the tools are used.

Many are placed in pretty hard to reach areas--unless it's a really tiny workshop, or the owner is a really tall guy.

Perhaps I am odd in this group. But each tool needs maintenance. I try to go minimalist. But will acquire more when I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by john zulu View Post
    Perhaps I am odd in this group. But each tool needs maintenance. I try to go minimalist. But will acquire more when I need to.
    I think the guy is either a collector or he just wanted to decorate his shop wall. Wish I had that much wall space to spare for the tools I actually use, let alone decorations.

Looks like a collector. Why have FIVE folding draw knives,and a great abundance of repetition in other tools?