Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feng Shui workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    I think the guy is either a collector or he just wanted to decorate his shop wall. Wish I had that much wall space to spare for the tools I actually use, let alone decorations.
    I think you're right. It's decorative, and maybe also inspirational. Imagine how cool you would think it if you walked into a vintage, industrial bar and they had a backdrop like that right behind the bartender. I think it's so cool how design ideas can automatically convey emotions to you without words.

Here I see descriptors like vintage, craftsmanship, artisanship, history, iron, durability, pride, American. Big companies pay talented designers a fortune to come up with variations on the concept to subliminally convey to consumers the descriptions they want associated with their brand. Apple's minimalism in their stores is an example.

On the other hand, maybe this is the only space his wife let him do what he wants and he went wild.

Just imagine having to wipe the dust off of all those toys......start at one end, work towards the other...by the time you get to the far end, it will be time to start all over again...I guess they didn't have any room for a few Dutch Tool Chests?

I'd get dizzy (er?) spinning from tool to bench and back again, just to use a few tools...

Wrong Steve!!!! By the time you got 8-10 feet down one side it would be time to start over. Given the layout, I'm not sure collector is the right term. Accumulator might be more accurate since collectors tend to organize in categories. This is more a mish mash though a delightful one.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

It's fantastic! I would love to get into that shop and talk with him or her. Whoever did that clearly appreciates tools and has an artistic sense of arranging things that I find very appealing. If he/she recorded a video walking from one end to the other talking about what they put on the wall and why, I think I'd get some popcorn and settle right in. Anyone find any more information about this?

Reminds me of the way swords and guns are arranged in complicated patterns to decorate the walls of old castles and manors in Europe.

I hadn't made the connection, but it sure does!

Blog Entries
    A guy named Jim Forstner shared pics of this shop on a Facebook page for unplugged woodworkers and said it was in central Wisconsin.

image.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

For those saying it isn't a working shop- looks working to me. I'm not into collecting tools, but I respect that he has them very well displayed in their "natural habitat." I would love to see the place.

Malcolm great find. Thanks for the share.
    Rick

Blog Entries
    A guy named Jim Forstner shared pics of this shop on a Facebook page for unplugged woodworkers and said it was in central Wisconsin.
    Unless two different shops copied each other that is the Feng Shui Workshop.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)