Thread: 6" PVC Suppliers in Phoenix Area?

6" PVC Suppliers in Phoenix Area?

Hello everyone,
    I'm trying to find either ASTM D2729 thin wall 6" PVC or SDR35 for my ClearVue CV1800 DC piping in the Phoenix area (I'm in Gilbert). Has anyone had success find this in my area that is reasonably priced? Would appreciate any and all input/help.

"6 inch pipe" and "reasonably priced" don't really go together, at least compared to 4" stuff. I just went through this with my dust collector build. 4" is relatively easy to find, but six inch is more difficult and considerably more expensive. I ended up going through Ferguson Plumbing. They are a national wholesale plumbing supply house but my location in Logan Utah doesn't have a problem selling to individuals. There are a number of locations in the Phoenix area as well. They had some of it in stock, but had to order most of what I needed from their Waterworks division in Ogden or Salt Lake. You might try calling them in Phoenix. Most of my build was with 2729, but I ran out of pipe and had to finish with SDR35. Both work fine, but SDR35 has a thicker wall and is heavier, but the OD is identical. You probably won't find much or any 6" pipe at any retail outlets, so wholesale houses are your best bet. Just tell them you want "6 inch 2729 pipe".

Another tip- 6" dust collector fittings are pretty much non-existent. I ended up making all of my own blast gates and hose adapters. I made hose to pipe adapters by cutting a 6" long ring of pipe with my bandsaw, then cutting a vertical section 1 1/16" (more or less) wide out of the side of the ring, and glued the edges back together with PVC cement and a couple of hose clamps. The resulting piece slid right into the inside of the regular pipe, and also into 6" flex hose. You may have to experiment a little to get the width right and it'll vary between 2729 and SDR35. 2729 is easier to work with. I got my flex hose from Wynn Environmental. Get some of their bridge hose clamps, too. They work a lot better than straight hose clamps.
    Last edited by Dave Cav; 08-17-2017 at 2:37 AM.

3. Google irrigation supply phoenix and start calling. They probably won't recognize "D2729", but they have it and probably call it "sewer pipe". They have fittings as well. I found it relatively cheap in Dallas.

Blog Entries
    My local ACE store, which used to be a plumbing/electrical go-to place, had both thinwall and schedule 40 PVC in 6". I just bought 3 sticks of the thinwall 6" for $2.10 per foot. Don't expect your local ACE to carry it though, although they may be able to order it for you. As an alternate, you might want to check on price/availability of 6" 26 gauge galvanized snaplock pipe.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 08-17-2017 at 8:45 AM.
    NOW you tell me...

Lowes. Just purchased all mine there over the past month.
    10' sdr35 is $35.00 (in MA), 6"wye's (not the name brand) are $23.
    6"45's are $8.

you can also order from Lowes online. They gave me free shipping for all my fittings when the store was out of stock.

Got nearly all mine from McMaster Carr - they had a good range at reasonable prices/shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Lefort View Post
    Lowes. Just purchased all mine there over the past month.
    10' sdr35 is $35.00 (in MA), 6"wye's (not the name brand) are $23.
    6"45's are $8.

you can also order from Lowes online. They gave me free shipping for all my fittings when the store was out of stock.
    What did you search for when you ordered online? Nothing comes up for SDR35...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Przybylski View Post
    What did you search for when you ordered online? Nothing comes up for SDR35...
    Disregard, I found it by just searching 6" PVC. Thanks! I can't get the 10' pipe anywhere around me, the 20' is much more expensive, but the fittings are spot on!

I bought mine at Horizon here in Las Vegas. It looks like they have several stores in Phoenix: http://www.horizononline.com/stores/arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Runde View Post
    I bought mine at Horizon here in Las Vegas. It looks like they have several stores in Phoenix: http://www.horizononline.com/stores/arizona
    This looks very promising, thanks Jay!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Przybylski View Post
    This looks very promising, thanks Jay!
    Hmm, on second thought, just looked through their catalog and they don't seem to have D2729 pipe in there. Were you able to get it regardless, Jay?

So I started to look at irrigation supply places and lo and behold, found a place in my city that has D2729 for $16.39 per 10' section (lowest i've ever seen this) and Wyes for $17.44 (also lowest I've seen). Their 45s are $24 which is higher than I've seen at other places but I can get the bulk of my pipe and wyes here for alot less than elsewhere.

For anyone searching in the future, it's called SiteOne Landscape Supply in Gilbert.

Yes, I got there a couple of years ago. There is also another guy in the area who got some earlier this year. See this thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-amp-PVC/page4

For historical purposes, here is what I ended up getting:

6" ASTM D2729 pipe at SiteOne Landscape Supply in Gilbert, $16.39 per 10' section

I got all the fittings at Menards (online since I don't live in the midwest anymore, and with their 11% rebate which I'll end up using when I go back to Chicago for work at some point):
    6" Wye, $16.99
    45 degree transition, $7.99
    Drain cap, $5.49
    6" coupling, $5.49

Shipping was not cheap (for the quantity I got of everything it came out to be roughly $80), but with the 11% rebate and the fact that the parts are SO much cheaper here than anywhere else, it's still cheaper than if I bought elsewhere (like at McMaster where each part costs more and I'd STILL have to pay for shipping anyway).

All in all I'm very happy and have everything I should need for my current system plus additional parts if/when I expand (I ordered a lot of extras of each part, "just in case").