Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another Kickstarter for the Laser to Re Invent the Wheel

Yet another Kickstarter for the Laser to Re Invent the Wheel

Found this stupid on CNC Zone > https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

What was it PT Barnum said?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Yes, saw that some days ago. Looks to me like their 20 years of experience hasn't taught them anything. A blue/white Shenhui 350 is half the price and can be upgraded to a more powerful tube.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Blog Entries
    I'd rather get something that has a track record. why pay into a kickstarter for something you can readily buy? They'd better hurry, only a couple of weeks left and a lot of $ short....
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Maybe I just missed it but I don't see any information on the actual people involved with the company. Henderson, NV, right near Las Vegas? Claims of having many years of experience in the industry? The first thought that came to my mind was the guy and his wife who have run multiple shady laser cutter related companies out of the Las Vegas area. Hopefully it is a different and totally legit group of people but there is not way to know at this point.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

10 people who have 2 years of owning a K40 each is 20 years of experience......

External HT connection that is unshielded (silicon tube is NOT shielding).....

no cures for stupid I guess
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    no cures for stupid I guess
    take away all of the warning labels and stickers, things will sort themselves out over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    take away all of the warning labels and stickers, things will sort themselves out over time.
    Oh I so wish Gary
    You did what !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    I'd rather get something that has a track record. why pay into a kickstarter for something you can readily buy? They'd better hurry, only a couple of weeks left and a lot of $ short....
    Not everyone does a valid business model build or due diligence in their target market. Maybe they don't know they are asking for money to "develop" something that already exists . . . or maybe they do. People have items on Amazon for orders of magnitude higher prices than appear on the same page/search result . . . As attributed to Barnum "there's a sucker born every . . . ". They could be using that model.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Oh gessh hope its not that thief who started hurricane
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fisher View Post
    Maybe I just missed it but I don't see any information on the actual people involved with the company. Henderson, NV, right near Las Vegas? Claims of having many years of experience in the industry? The first thought that came to my mind was the guy and his wife who have run multiple shady laser cutter related companies out of the Las Vegas area. Hopefully it is a different and totally legit group of people but there is not way to know at this point.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I am going to give props for neat idea. I could see a need given certain situations. Perhaps a little refinement more needed. As for to re inventing the wheel. The wheel has had varations and improvments. So i think that is a silly thing to say. Surely we would not want the first version of the wheel on our vehicles. Just a note. I am defending how the e company advertises or its claims. Just saying a neat idea

What is neat about it? Just curious.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Oops

Entered response in wrong thread
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fisher View Post
    --and then there was--
    fsl.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

The project wasn't funded. I could only find one name associated with this and neither the husband/wife behind Hurricane et al, is it. There are FSL associations, so it was probably former employees giving it a shot out on their own.

MY 2cents just stay away from Las Vegas based laser companies
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander