Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

21 Aug 2017

Good Morning Everyone,
    I'm back from Philly for the day job and we performed a successful disaster recovery exercise. Now I just need to work on getting my sleep schedule worked out to where I can sleep for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time. I was able to visit with fellow woodworker and long time friend Jim Becker and his family. Always great people and awesome time with them. I'm tired, but I can't seem to sleep, but I'm sure that will come in time while I recover.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Ah, and it was indeed a pleasure to have you visit, Dennis!!!

IMG_0607.jpg

Another eclectic weekend ensued. Friday night, it was dinner out to celebrate "The Younger's" 18th birthday that had occurred earlier in the week...she starts classes at Penn State Abington today. Dennis joined us for dinner and we had a great time.

Saturday included food shopping with Professor Dr. SWMBO at Wegman's, rewiring the media room components to best support our partial "cord cutting" that's about to happen (we need to stay with basic local cable because of OTA issues with an important station, but will no longer have STBs and their rental cost), a minor wall repair in our guest room where a door handle damaged the drywall and preparing delicious curry-rubbed thick pork chops, sous vide corn-on-the-cob and fresh pico for dinner.

IMG_0616.jpg

Sunday included mowing the lawn, weeding and cleaning up the gardens along the front entrance pathway, planting some additional bee-friendly perennials in that area and a few minutes in the shop starting to make a "Fritz and Franz" jig for my slider.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Went to the local Air Show with the Thunderbirds flying, A10s, F16s, KC130 and aeroacrobatics too. Also, bought a Hock iron and made a Krenov style hand plane. And backfilled a 200' drainage trench and started raking in grass seed.

I tore down my Wells-Index 40H mill to start the rebuild and paint. Came apart easier than I expected, though I did a full size bridgeport mill before this. Not nearly as many parts as that. It's now almost ready for paint and reassembly.

This weekend was non-woodworking weekend. I was up in northwestern Wisconsin to guide an off-road trail ride. We started on Saturday morning with six vehicles, after the first obstacle, we were down to four. After the second, there were three left. And it was time for lunch.
    At lunch one of the participants had an axle for the guy that broke his, so they got to replacing it. That left two of us that wanted to head out, so we did. After about an hour or so, the axle was repaired and the other two came out and found us. We ended up out on the trails until about 5:00 with no other incidents.
    Sunday morning more of the same, but just in the morning. At noon we packed up and headed home. Then I got to unload the Jeep and clean everything up for the next ride in October.