Thread: drill press help

drill press help

im in the market for a new drill press,,,i want a floor model and was considering the wen 4225 that home depot sells,,,can anyone tell me about this drill press,,im looking for one that can be assembled fairly easy and wont brake the bank,lol,,,,any comments on this one or another one would be most helpful,,,,,,,

This is the first time I have heard of Wen, so I have no useful opinion on it. If there is one set up at Home Depot, I would try to flex the table and push down hard on the handles to measure the give. If there is any give or flex, I would pass. I have not seen any reviews that list its runout.

In a similar position about 10 years ago, I watched Craigslist and E-bay. I found a Jet 20" drill press for $150. A couple of years ago I replaced a few parts for under $100. I am totally satisfied. It was made for much harder work than I do.

My wild guess based on reviews - adequate for most work for the money. Watch Craigslist for far better for far less money. I saw a couple in Greensboro Craigslist for $200 or $300.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Also check the quill slop to see if the quill moves too much.