Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: shop fox 8" jointer models w1741s vs w1741sw

Brandon sorry for the wait been busy. Standing in front of the machine the power cord comes out of the top right side of the cabinet just below the on off switch. Let me know if I can be of more help.

well after all the deliberation Brandon, let us know what you think of the Steelex after you've used it for awhile.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Work has been crazy but I actually have gotten around to getting some use out of the jointer. Now keep in mind I am a complete novice so having a decent finish without much tear out and being relatively Square is my main goal and what I'm looking for or expecting. With that said this joint or seems to work awesome I have used it quite a bit and wouldn't want to be without it. It left a finish like glass on both ambrosia maple and curly maple with no noticeable tear out. Now for the downsides. The instruction manual is completely useless it makes it seem like the parts are pretty much where they should be inside the main cabinets when instead they unbolted the motor and other things from where they are going to end up to wherever it is convenient for shipping which doesn't sound like a big deal until you lift the table and fence up onto the cabinet and then have to take it back off to move the motor. There are many other things wrong with the manual to so me and a friend ended up just spending a night trying to piece it together and iron out the bugs. Defense is kind of hard to adjust Imho but I think that is the design rather than just this example from steelex. The only other issue I have had has nothing to do with the Joyner itself but instead has to do with the wire cage that is built into my dust collector. When I started running full with wood across the jointer I plugged up the great on the dust collector and did not notice until it was completely plugged and spewing dust back out of the jointer. All in all I am very happy that I've spent the money and bought it and I can only imagine how much more I will love it once I have my shop setup right with dust collection and no longer need to move Tools around to use them

Brandon, where did you wind up buying your Steelex from? I'm looking around and can't find anyone that has them in stock.

Straight from grizzly website iirc