Thread: Router Workshop TV show

Router Workshop TV show

I have tried to watch this show a few times but, they always seem to be making lame projects out of partical board (Wheatstraw brand at that). How do they stay on PBS? They must have a following somewhere...

I agree... It's painful...
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

markus shaffer Guest
    From the show's website...

"the Router Workshop" Series 1200

Production of this NEW series has just been completed and is set for release to PBS in early January 2004! These exciting new projects include an executive desk made from beautiful Cherry Vineer, a new product from our sponsor Dow Bioproducts!

Our Sponsors

"the Router Workshop" is proud to have three underwriters for the television program. Without their support production of this series would not be possible.

Dow Bio-Products Ltd.

In June 2002 Dow Bio-Products and "the Router Workshop" announced a two-year sponsorship. Dow BioProducts WOODSTALK fiberboard manufacturing plant is located directly across the street from "the Router Workshop" headquarters just west of Winnipeg.
    WOODSTALK Machinable Fiberboard MR is a new material made from annually renewable wheat straw fiber and a non-formaldehyde based polyurethane resin.

Bob and Rick can help teach the public the advantages of WOODSTALK panels and how to work with a new material. In fact, several projects from Series 1100 feature the use of WOODSTALK.

If anyone knows where I could get me some of that cherry "vineer", please let me know.. I'd like to see how it measures up to regular old veneer..

-Markus

Amen Bruddaa!

And those outfits! Ohmygod, those outfits! They look like vintage barber smocks or something. The only thing worse would be to replace the baby blue with peach parfait.

And the only tools they have is a whole closet full of routers with home made bases. I for one hate the sound of a router. After having a root canal done, you will know where I cam comming from. Give the mega decibel, low frquency groan of a massive shaper!
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

Hey Markus...

The only question I have for Dow about this product is simple.

How many BTUs per cord?
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

Yes - in addition to the sound effects of the router, you get to see the same cut over, and over, and over, and over; just in case you didn't get it the first time.

Haven't watched it for a while so I hadn't noticed the trend towards fiberboard. Yes the fashions are awful, but probably no worse than what passes for fashion in my closet, so I won't throw stones there. The main reason I lost interest was the overriding philosophy - If it can't be done with a router, it's not worth doing. Those guys will spend ungodly amounts of time making a jig so they can do something with a router in 5 minutes. So 5 minutes plus 3 hours to make the jig when you could do the same thing with a table saw in 10 minutes. Course then I guess they couldn't call it the Router Workshop.
    Use the fence Luke