Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saw vice

I'm confused! Where is Daryl's post??

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Schneider View Post
    I'm confused! Where is Daryl's post??
    It's post #27
    (under "display" in the upper right, you may have to switch to "linear mode")
    Last edited by Joe Bailey; 08-28-2017 at 5:33 PM.

Saw has been filed.....only to find out it has almost no set......will be out out the look out for saw sets this coming weekend....teeth cut fine, plate binds as soon as the teeth are below the surface...will add a bit of set to them...after I get the saw set.

Quote Originally Posted by steven c newman View Post
    Saw has been filed.....only to find out it has almost no set......will be out out the look out for saw sets this coming weekend....teeth cut fine, plate binds as soon as the teeth are below the surface...will add a bit of set to them...after I get the saw set.
    I'm not totally certain, but I suspect left handed saws are set the same as righties. Unless maybe you start with the first set to the left (or right) whichever is opposite of normal.

Hard to even feel any set. Teeth cut fine..until they are below the surface.....then the saw binds right up. 8 ppi, filed crosscut.....wonder where to set the teeth to.....

Saw does not have any broken teeth, either. Handle felt the same in both hands, yes, I tried.

May have been a sales gimmick to have the medallion on the right side?

Could not resist pointing out that the Tribe is sitting on an 18 game winning streak with the best record in the American League. Might eclipse the A's streak of 20 back in 2002. Playing the Detroit Mudhen's tonight...could be 19!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chase View Post
    That's probably what he sets up in the Progressive Field home run porch when he wants to stop witnessing the futility of his Indians.

Yes, they've been OK the last couple years, but there's only one team in the majors whose long-term mediocrity was such that it served as the premise for a classic Charlie Sheen movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Taran View Post
    Could not resist pointing out that the Tribe is sitting on an 18 game winning streak with the best record in the American League. Might eclipse the A's streak of 20 back in 2002. Playing the Detroit Mudhen's tonight...could be 19!
    Indeed. Well played.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brian zawatsky View Post
    I cannot tell you the depths I may be willing to descend to in order to acquire a saw vise of that magnitude...
    +1 seriously Pete that is the biggest saw vice I've ever seen. Me likeee!
    Last edited by Mike Allen1010; 09-12-2017 at 4:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Taran View Post
    Forgot to reply again to this when appropriate: My hat is off to the 22 consecutive game winning Tribe (and 28/30 since the streak began). I doubt we'll see the A's do anything like that again for quite some time, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Patrick Chase; 09-24-2017 at 5:23 PM.