Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

28 Aug 2017

Good Morning Everyone,
    It's was a good but very busy weekend for me. Worked around the house, helped the LOML with some things she needed help with, still talking and trying to help my youngest son. Started a project with a friend of mine who wants to learn how to do woodworking. He is a great designer by hobby and has never had the skills or knowledge (or tools) to actually build something he has designed. This is the same family that I built the butcher-block kitchen island top for just a few months back. His wife wants a king size bed made to his/her design and this is what I am currently starting with him (and his wife). These are really good people and this is the first time that I've ever made anything from someone else's design....so I feel it's critical that I get his design stuck in my head and work towards the end goal of giving them exactly what they want. This won't be a go fast project since I will be teaching him as we go, so here's to the start and hopefully a successful end of a project.

I'd like to add that my thoughts and prayers go out for all of you that are in harms way of "Harvey".

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Morning all!

Pig roast Friday - I had thee of my Eagle Scouts help carve (I'm a Scoutmaster for a local Troop), painting doors for my library, working on the base for my new bench, designing a mobile cart for a 15 drawer metal cabinet, mowing, weeding (poison ivy), and made a marking gauge. I keep needing/wishing I had mine (It's still buried in a box somewhere).

It was the usual eclectic weekend for me! Worked for awhile on the big-orange power tool preparing for some additional landscaping renovation relative to a retaining wall that needs replaced, worked on my "Fritz and Franz" jig for my slider, mowed the lawn, located the survey pin in the SE corner of the property so a neighbor can, um...adjust...the fence he just put up that's about 8' over my property line, went food shopping, cooked a delicious salmon meal on Saturday night and updated my daughter's Macbook Air to current OS and Office so she didn't have security issues at school.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My sister and nephew were up for a visit to help celebrate my birthday. Not much woodworking this weekend, but continuing to make slow progress on my kitchen booth project.

Saturday we moved three arbor vitae trees from one side of the lot to another. The people that owned the lot before us put in a line of plants on the south lot line that is a bit cluttered. Not sure what they were thinking, but it is a mess. Lilac tree, then some lilies, then a pine tree, then a hydrangea, then another lilac, then another hydrangea, then some more pines. And intermingled with all this are/were 10 arbor vitaes. I had already moved two in front of my outbuilding, and now we are moving six to the north lot line in front of the out building. But three were enough on Saturday... Next weekend three more get moved.
    Saturday night, my fiance and I went to see a local blues band and then went to her father's to watch the Packer game.

Sunday I got out to the workshop and made up the frames for a basket I am making.

Did a bunch of carpentry work on Sunday for a professor at the university where I work, also got together with another local woodworker to look at some machines in her shop.

Friday i picked up an Oliver 159 A woodworking lathe which I will restore.

Another guitar is almost finished, and I am getting ready to repair a planer & Jointer for another woodworker tonight.

I am busy, and life is good!

Blog Entries
    After viewing the eclipse last week in a far off state, LOML, my dog and I drove back to sunny California stopping at Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon. Four days of hard driving with the last day through the 115 degree desert. I am so glad to be home. Back to work to rest up.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"