Thread: Portable Work Bench and Toolbox Loaded

Portable Work Bench and Toolbox Loaded

The tool box isn't filled yet but I wanted to see how everything would fit. It does very well leaving good room to carry other needed "stuff".

On the PAX side bin I have the toolbox, the two legs, chop and parallel guide, and the vise backer board.

japaneseToolBoxLegsChopMHBin170828dscf2007.jpg

The driver side bin has the slab, tool tray, stretchers, and in the wire basket wrapped in a towel is the screw.

benchSlabTooltrayStretchersScrewMHBin170828dscf2011.jpg

I'll add a few lose boards and clamps to the PAX side bin and then all should be ready.

We leave for Oregon Friday, I expect it will be Labor Day in Ft. Bragg CA. before I can set it up and give it a go.

ken

ken

Looks good Ken. Roll it.
    David

Got a first project in mind for the bench?

Happy travels! I'm actually anxious to see your bench set up in a national park with a couple wine glasses and some cheese and crackers!

Thanks Guys,

I think Pat hit it...I expect the first project will be maybe a saw kerf or two in something in the leg vise with a glass of single malt and one of wine with cheese nearby as we enjoy looking over the Pacific coast. MsBubba and I have both been looking forward to this trip for different reasons but it is all good. In truth I doubt I will build much if anything but having a functional bench with tools will allow doing two of the things I most enjoy....Making iron sharp and making large hunks of wood small with saws, chisels and planes.

ken

Sounds great. Hope you both enjoy your vacation.

Ken,

Great job, got it all done in time and loaded up!

Enjoy the trip.

Stew