Thread: Anyone Have Experience Lasering These SS Bamboo Tumblers?

Anyone Have Experience Lasering These SS Bamboo Tumblers?

I would appreciate feedback regarding these stainless steel tumblers/mugs from JDS from people who have lasered them for customers. Did they laser well? Any feedback from your customers regarding how the bamboo finish held up over time to washing, banging around and general wear?

How thick is the bamboo veneer? I am wondering if it is thick enough that you can relatively deep-etch the wood or if the veneer is so thin you zap it to intentionally reveal the stainless underneath (glue underneath and warping from washing exposed wood edges could be an issue).

Thanks!

bamboo mug.JPG
    Last edited by Doug Fisher; 08-28-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

JDS emailed me back and informed me the tumblers are an old product that was never updated to the better insulated/performing double wall construction like their Polar Camel line (Yeti wanna-be) so I won't be buying. Too bad. If the bamboo had lasered nicely and held up well it was distinctive enough that it might have been popular with the people who want something their friends don't have.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fisher View Post
    JDS emailed me back and informed me the tumblers are an old product that was never updated to the better insulated/performing double wall construction like their Polar Camel line (Yeti wanna-be) so I won't be buying. Too bad. If the bamboo had lasered nicely and held up well it was distinctive enough that it might have been popular with the people who want something their friends don't have.
    Get them anyway and do as an entry level promotional item. My wife has fancy mugs that have never had a liquid inside!
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10