Thread: Looking for medium cure time epoxy

Looking for medium cure time epoxy

I've had good results using 5 and 30 minute epoxy (Devcon, Bob Smith) for a variety of uses. I use Enviro-Tex Lite bar top epoxy for smaller cracks I want fully filled, and for clear inlays. I'm looking for an epoxy with a cure time in between those two, maybe 6-24 hours. Unless it's in a super hot garage, the Enviro-Tex takes several days to reach full cure enough to sand. I'd like something is thin enough to penetrate small cracks, dries relatively clear (doesn't yellow), and isn't too prone to bubbles (I do use the blow torch). Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett Ostroff View Post
    I've had good results using 5 and 30 minute epoxy (Devcon, Bob Smith) for a variety of uses. I use Enviro-Tex Lite bar top epoxy for smaller cracks I want fully filled, and for clear inlays. I'm looking for an epoxy with a cure time in between those two, maybe 6-24 hours. Unless it's in a super hot garage, the Enviro-Tex takes several days to reach full cure enough to sand. I'd like something is thin enough to penetrate small cracks, dries relatively clear (doesn't yellow), and isn't too prone to bubbles (I do use the blow torch). Thanks in advance.
    West System 105 resin with 207 special clear hardener. It has UV inhibitors, cures as clear as epoxy can get, and it could be sandable in 24 hours. In order to penetrate small cracks, use a heat gun to warm it as you saturate the area.

+1 on WEST epoxy. Available are fast, slow and extra slow hardeners.
    Last edited by andy bessette; 08-29-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."