Thread: Elkhound mix carving

Elkhound mix carving

Elkh TH Carv 16 res.jpegElkh TH Carv 14 res.jpegElkh TH Carv 10 res.jpegElkh TH Carv 9 res.jpegElkh TH Carv 5 res.jpegElkh TH Carv 4 res.jpeg

So here is a carving just completed. Neat looking dog. He is mostly Elkhound. Not sure about the rest. Hope you guys like him.

I just insisted my wife view ,too. We are both fans now. Love the dog ! Not sure about the base being same colors ,but I can understand an argument for it softening hyper realism....carved dog is better than freeze dried dog!

Really like him!

Very nice! Great photos, too!

JKJ

Thanks John. I think I have finally gotten the right equipment and the right background and the right process for photos of this particular subject matter. That does not make me a photographer...just a decent pragmatist.

Thanks to the other posters as well.

To the poster that commented on the base....you are right by the way. My client is happy. So that is where the rubber meets the road. However, I could not get the lighter colors to glaze the way I wanted them to and it had me scratching my head the whole time. Still did not figure it out and still have not figured it out. Might be the first time I have used that specific mix of colors though I have used every one of them independently at some time or another and most of them in combination at one time or another.

Quote Originally Posted by James Nugnes View Post
    Thanks John. I think I have finally gotten the right equipment and the right background and the right process for photos of this particular subject matter. That does not make me a photographer...just a decent pragmatist.
    Just as an Artist is one who creates art, a Photographer is one who captures photos. Neither say anything about the quality of the result. However, quality is obvious in both your art and photos!

And just as carving is all about form and texture, photography is all about light and the composition - the subject, the background, and the light on each. (Well, also the focus and exposure of course.)

JKJ