Thread: Bosch 1618 without a lift?

Bosch 1618 without a lift?

I'm going to put a router in my outfeed table. I have a 1618 that comes with a large allen key to use as a lift on the micro adjustment. Would this work instead of a lift or do I just want to bite the bullet on this and get a lift. I'm not a production shop and dont use my router every day in the shop. Anyone gone with this setup?

Also, if you recommend a lift which one would it be? I dont need top of the line. I need bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schatz View Post
    I'm going to put a router in my outfeed table. I have a 1618 that comes with a large allen key to use as a lift on the micro adjustment. Would this work instead of a lift or do I just want to bite the bullet on this and get a lift. I'm not a production shop and dont use my router every day in the shop. Anyone gone with this setup?

Also, if you recommend a lift which one would it be? I dont need top of the line. I need bargain.
    That is how I have mine setup, a 1618 without a lift. Maybe not the "most" convenient, but I don't have any issues with it.

It will work. You won't like it, but it will work.

4. I've had that for a while. It works. I also just bought a lift because "It will work. You won't like it, but it will work." Is the truest thing ever said.

Can always add it later. The lift hole will be much bigger.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by David J Blackburn View Post
    I've had that for a while. It works. I also just bought a lift because "It will work. You won't like it, but it will work." Is the truest thing ever said.
    What he said.