Thread: What adhesive for wood to block

Talking What adhesive for wood to block

I have a need to glue plywood (18"x8') along a short block wall. This is the foundation wall inside the garage -- I want to frame out around the block.

I want something that almost sticks instantly like contact cement as I don't want to use fasteners.

Any suggestioms?
    Bob C

In this case, I would run beads of construction adhesive around the perimeter and then shoot ribbons of hot glue in the center of the board. The hot glue will set up fairly quickly and hold the panel there until the "real" adhesive gets ahold.

Lay the construction adhesive beads first and make sure you have a plan. 2 hot glue guns can come in handy as can another pair of hands. The hot glue sets up pretty quick so you really don't have time to futz around on a panel that large.

Hot glue is one of those "wonder products" that doesn't get enough respect in the work shop. Probably because so many lady scrapbookers use it to adhere frilly pink adornments to doilies and whatnot and us men feel like sissies when we ask to borrow the wife's glue gun... Believe me, it hangs on tough.

Construction adhesive, shims to locate in place and short angled braces to hold it vertical with some counterweights to hold it in place until the glue dries, like overnight.
    Bill D

LocTite makes a product called Power Grab that should do exactly what you want.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

just read the spec for the Loctite product and it does seem like exactly the product i need. Thanks everyone for the suggestions
    Bob C